Difference between Winterwolves and Tycoon games?

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
KIAaze
Young scout

Difference between Winterwolves and Tycoon games?

Post by KIAaze »

Just out of curiosity:
What is the difference between Winterwolves and Tycoon games?
I got the impression that both belong to the same developer (Celso Riva?).
Same blog, same forum, same game types mostly. Why two companies/websites?
Is one simply the newer name? But then why keep the old one.
One single website would make it easier to get an overview of all available games, no?
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Difference between Winterwolves and Tycoon games?

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yes! It was a mistake, I started that other site to make different kind of games - Wargames and as the name says, Tycoon Games. Then suddenly started to learn about Ren'Py, visual novels, dating sims, etc... and indeed the first VN I made (Heileen) were on Tycoon Games. A bit of a mess :lol:
I wanted to keep both, but I discovered is too much effort, and so I'm moving all the games (the most important anyway) on the Winter Wolves site which is the "main site" and has more traffic.
So well, feel free to refer to me/my games only as Winter Wolves from now on :oops:
KIAaze
Young scout

Post by KIAaze »

You can always just replace the tycoon games website with a page explaining the name change and linking to the new one if you are worried about people ending up there due to only knowing the old name.
It's also something I would expect to see as info in an about section, which additionally makes it indexable by search engine and findable in case you give up the old domain completely. ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well no, I plan to just keep the old site around even if I don't update it. I can always pay for a domain, is not a big expense :mrgreen: