Mostly or Fully Yaoi VN?

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
pysali
Young scout

Mostly or Fully Yaoi VN?

Post by pysali »

So I've been wondering about this. I know there are a lot of Otome or mostly Otome (with one Yuri option) games in the works here. Have you ever considered doing a mostly or fully Boys Love style VN? Like with four datable guys and maybe one hidden girl option. I know I enjoy reading Yaoi and tamer BL manga and would love to see a game with pretty boys/men romancing each other.

Basically I want to plant the seed that having a game with hot shirtless guys would completely be aces in my book and I'd buy that. Oh I don't know maybe... Private Academy with chances to romance the roommate, class clown, or class jock types (with girl romance being the headmaster's daughter/niece), or a summer romance at a resort town where the main character is a gay teen/college student working at a fairground/tourist town and finds potential romance in a local guy, other tourist, fellow employee...

Just a thought for maybe some time in the future. You've been making great strides in doing Yuri expansions/side games (Spirited Heart and the upcoming Heileen 3 side game), or including lesbian options in otherwise purely otome games (upcoming Amber's Magic Shop and Nicole) so I thought it'd be nice to look at having a boys option. If that interests you at all and there's interest in general since you obviously should make the games you want to make and that people are interested in playing.

Sorry, I'm trying to not sound pushy or demanding because I don't intend to be, but I'm not sure if I'm coming across that way.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Mostly or Fully Yaoi VN?

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I definitely will do that, since I think there's a good potential for such a game (gay males apart, I discovered that many women like BL). I shouldn't have problem with art, especially since some of my artists like BL too (Planet Stronghold artist for example). So I'm going to do it, though I am not sure yet when will be able to start it! I want to trim down the long list of games in progress first :)
Aleema
Official writer

Post by Aleema »

Cyanide Tea is currently the forerunner for commercial English BxB (yaoi), from what I know. Their game Break Chance Momento is still in production but it looks very promising.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes true! That game looks promising. The writer is the same of Amber's Magic shop too 8)