How to make your suggestions

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
WWfan45
Young scout

Re: How to make your suggestions

Post by WWfan45 »

Not sure if this is the best place to put this, but I couldn't find a more suitable thread title.

I'd like you to do a Robotech RPG. If you can't get the license or whatever it would take, that's fine; just shamelessly rip off the main plot concept and giant mecha combat. Not sure how feasible it'd be, since I have no idea how difficult it is to flirt with copyright infringement, but the Robotech series is such profoundly fertile ground, and has never (to my knowledge) been made into an RPG (not counting pen and paper here). Battletech (the American adaptation) has also never been made into a true RPG (only combat sims), which I think is a terrible shame.

Anyway, a story "loosely" based on Robotech would be an instant trilogy (at least) in terms of plot longevity, and has all the necessary elements that you're familiar with in your RPGs, plus the fun of, well, giant anthropomorphic robots. Win-win scenario.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe of course getting the official license of Robotech is out of question for an indie like me :oops: but I remember when talking with other developers years ago that even some Mech models/shapes are copyrighted by Battletech. It's a risky area, even if in Planet Stronghold we have some robotic enemies, they're always called "robot" and have original design, definitely not similar to a mech. I seem even to recall that the term "Mech" itself was copyrighted! I blame the crazy patenting/copyright system currently in place :(
tnek89
Young scout

Post by tnek89 »

I think it would be amazing if you could a mashup game of your previous games. Like, take the iconic characters and put them into a dating sim or something. :)
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

I think you should make a mascot character like the Disgaea series have: Asagi

http://disgaea.wikia.com/wiki/Asagi

She/he would appear in all your games as a major or minor role to a secret player character (if RPG) to a romancer character (dating sim) to secret boss. Well anything really but they must make a name for you :)
Last edited by MarSel on Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hehe sounds like a fun idea. Actually in PS2 there's already a mascot... "creature" :lol: It's a sort of alien rabbit called Soot that always stays on the shoulder of Milo, one of the new characters. He's going to rule in the story 8)
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Love the pet idea but unless you can give him a fighting role I think It may lose something. I think a half wolf man or Wolf "creature" would work since the Winter Wolves name you would think of. There's... "Wolfy" (just a random name) and you would think Winter Wolves. :) She/he could cameo in other company games too (if they allowed it of course) and your name would be spread far and wide. Great plan huh? :lol:
erkkre
Young scout

Post by erkkre »

Simple suggestion, but a hard one, more various background :cry:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In the next games I have many more. 26 in Roommates, and already 18 in SOTW (but more will come). I reserve the right to reuse backgrounds in different games though (making two different generic "sewers" or "desert" backgrounds seems a waste of time/resources to me :mrgreen:)
Jarulf
Young scout

Post by Jarulf »

Something I've always wanted to play is some sort of Sim Manor type of game. Set in a fantasy world you have to get resources and people to build and/or expand your keep. Manage troops, economy, farming and various tasks that need to be done. Scripted events could involve bandit raids, bad weather or quests for magic beasts etc. You'd have to travel on diplomatic missions to the neighbouring tribes/elves/dwarves for supplies and trade. And perhaps to find a spouse. I'd love it to be fairly open ended, perhaps with add ons after a while.

Anyway, Happy Birthday
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks (my birthday is officially the 11th). And yes the idea is really cool, but is a sort of game that needs to be planned very carefully. I had in mind to do something like that after playing the "kingdom management" part of Fable 3 that found very interesting :) is surely a kind of game that I'd like to do in future.