What are you playing?

General discussions not necessarily related to our games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: What are you playing?

Post by jack1974 »

That's not a bad idea also considering how hard are the PS5/Series X to find (I was lucky to get one). 33% discount only after a month seems a hard to beat deal, but right now I wouldn't even have the time to play it, working on too many things :)
fleetp
Druid

Post by fleetp »

I'm playing a game entitled Killer Project.
Why? I like big ones, that's why.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Anyway, after the amazing Symphony of War (hope for a WW tactics game with better romance than this), I've lost myself in Red Dead Redemption 2, finally caved and got it in the summer sale.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Wow it has a tons of review :shock: haha I am not sure I can do such a game, though I need to look at it better to see how complex really is.
And RDR2 is a masterpiece, played it for months on the PS4 when it first came out! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I checked some videos of Symphony of War and is really interesting. As I posted before, not necessarily all Loren's spin-offs will be RPGs so depending on how I feel burned out :mrgreen: I might try to do a tactical wargame like that one since seems really nice. We'll see, in any case mine won't be so complex since that's a lot of work! :lol:
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I think everybody was surprised Symphony of War was such a big hit. It's truly amazing what they did with RPGMaker. There has to be a certain depth to a game like that, even of maybe you don't need to be able to compose every single troop in every single unit. :lol:

I'm not sure about RDR2, sometimes I feel like the game is seriously wasting my time, and sometimes it's my own fault for standing there with a fishing rod for 30 minutes...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Wow made in RPGMaker lol that's really a feat! And yes in the course of last few years I realized that's better to not do too much micromanagement or if you do have an easy alternative way to play. Like autocombat in the RPGs, that made things really easier to test and also for people who don't want to play every single encounter, every move :)

RDR2 is indeed a time waster, but it's really cool to experiment all the possible things you can do. My favorite was using the lazo to do spectacular physics comedy moment (there are tons of youtube videos about that as well) :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Recently I started playing As the Dusk Falls (got free on gamepass) and I must say that at first the kind of "animation" system (or better visuals) is really strange and gets some time to get used to, but the story is really well written and has a lot of branching. One of the best narrative gamepass games of recent times so far (I haven't finished it, since is also rather long) :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

So, I became extremely bored with RDR2, which is funny, considering you supposedly can play around as you like, but it just felt empty and pointless to me. I'll probably come back to it at some point.

For now I opted for sexyfun shenanigans in another Rance game, Rance Quest Magnum. Simple fun times, and no riding for 15 minutes to get where you're going. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's what I didn't like of Elden Ring as well, even if to be honest world exploration is less boring than RDR2.
I hope you'll at least watch some videos since RDR2 has some great moments both in gameplay/writing/acting. But indeed is a bit slow at times :)