Nicole 1.0.2

A mystery life sim set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/nicole.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Nicole 1.0.2

Post by jack1974 »

Another smaller update, though there's also a "major" change, that is you can get the ending sooner if you met the requisites (thanks to Otterface for the all reports!)
http://www.macgames.biz/games/Nicole-1.0.2-all.zip

- Slightly reduced the money bonus you get in Easy mode
- You can end the game about a month sooner if you already have raised the necessary stats (this is probably only useful if playing in Easy mode)
- Kurt's clothing in the park scene is not so fancy anymore
- Fixed some background / text inconsistencies (because of time of the day)
- Various typos/texts fixes (Darren's name before you meet him for example, Jeff speaking instead of Ted, etc)
namai00
Young scout

Re: Nicole 1.0.2

Post by namai00 »

I thought I'd mention that erm.. the first CG for Ted.. it pops up a little too early, in my opinion. The dialogue was too far behind for the CG to make any sense at all to me when it did appear. Anything could have happened, like he could have run off instead, ect ect. Just a thought I had while playing, actually thought it was a bug at first. xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I know but I wanted to show it for longer time, otherwise the CG stays on screen the time of reading 3-4 lines :) Is just representative of the situation, there are many other cases where the images don't reflect exactly the texts.
OtterFace
Young scout

Post by OtterFace »

Playing through Darren's path on easy, I got both the normal and the special ending before Nicole actually finished her research:
Spoiler:
As usual, in the final scene she gets a text referring to the "abandoned battlefield", but in my playthrough she hadn't been to the abandoned building at all. That scene was skipped completely.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Hmm I knew that removing the limit could cause problems... maybe I should just make the game more difficult and stop :lol:
Ah I know the problem, I was just checking the stat value for clues, instead I should check that AND if the player saw the last mystery scene :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Made a small update 1.0.3 so if you replay/reload the savegame you shouldn't be able to see the mystery ending anymore unless you've played all the mystery scenes :) thanks again for spotting that new bug!
OtterFace
Young scout

Post by OtterFace »

Always happy to help! ^^