Think I found some bugs on Jeff's route (vr. 1.0.1)

A mystery life sim set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/nicole.htm
OtterFace
Young scout

Think I found some bugs on Jeff's route (vr. 1.0.1)

Post by OtterFace »

I just finished playing through Nicole again, and I think you might want to look into some of the backgrounds in certain scenes, as they don't seem to match the description at all. I'm not sure if it only happens in my copy, but I thought I'd post about this anyway.

I took some screenshots.

Here Nicole is talking about how the sun is shining and such, but in the background it's clearly nighttime:

Similarly, Jeff is talking about how Nicole looks lovely "tonight", but in the background the sun is shining:

Same here. Nicole says something about it being a particular time at night, but it looks like it's daytime:

Another inconsistency I noticed. There is a mention of a "stone floor", but in the picture the floor is clearly wooden. Didn't notice if this is exclusive to Jeff's path:

Isn't the game still in beta, technically? Hope this is somewhat helpful. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Think I found some bugs on Jeff's route (vr. 1.0.1)

Post by jack1974 »

No the game is not in beta, but I can still do updates of course :lol: I'll check those scenes, the problem of making dating sims that don't use fixed dates/times is that you need to check the day and time of each scene for inconsistencies like that. As for the stone floor, there backgrounds are just representative (I had to find one quickly to make the game get out in time for Halloween). You need to use your imagination :wink:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ahh I understand the problem now. Since those scenes can unlock based on the relationship, you could buy a gift at sunset, and then the scene would trigger instantly but at the wrong time. They were written as if they would happen normally after school, so in the afternoon :) Thanks, I'm going to restrict the scenes by time of day!
OtterFace
Young scout

Post by OtterFace »

Cool! Glad I could help! :)