Loved this game!

A mystery life sim set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/nicole.htm
OtterFace
Young scout

Loved this game!

Post by OtterFace »

Hey, I've already bought and played a few of your games but I made an account just to praise Nicole!
Haven't seen all the endings yet, but I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. The writing is sharp, funny and realistic in just the right proportions, and the art is of really high quality and very fitting for the atmosphere. It's Halloween night here in the UK and I'm sitting in bed drinking, munching on chocolate and playing Nicole. Brilliant! :)

I noticed a couple of inconsistencies during my playthrough of Kurt's route. Nothing major, just a couple of things I feel the need to point out (spoilers below).
Spoiler:
I felt it was rather strange that when you first meet Kurt in the locker room, as well as when you go and visit him in his room for the first time, the text makes a rather big deal out of the fact that he shows up shirtless, embarrassing poor Nicole. Still, his in-game avatar is clearly wearing a tank top. Not that I'm demanding a shirtless Kurt image update (though, it'd be nice). It's just a strange discrepancy which immediately drew me out of the story. Any chance it might be fixed (either change the avatar or the text) to make it consistent?

Also, if you choose to romance him, you get the incident where he hurts his leg and can't attend practice. However, if you pursue the mystery after that, you get a scene where you ask him questions about one of the abducted girls in the football field and he mentions something about football practice running late (which is obviously inconsistent with what's happening in his romance route).

Another minor thing I noticed is that he's wearing his fancy date clothes in that scene in the park. Again, nothing major, but I thought it was a bit bizarre -especially after Nicole has explicitly mentioned during the date that she finds that outfit both impressive and a bit pompous.
This is all friendly criticism, hopefully you'll find it useful :)
As I mentioned, I'm really enjoying this game. I'd like to offer my thanks to Jack and the art/writing people for all their hard work -great effort guys!

Happy Halloween!
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Loved this game!

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the problem is that I had the sprites done long before the writing, and then when saw the writing I thought to add the shirtless image, but then a tons of other things happened and I forgot about it :oops: I might ask the writer to fix the text since is faster than commissioning a new image :)
The bizarre clothing thing in the park scene can be changed, as for the other inconsistency the problem is that the mystery scene can unlock anytime independently of the main plot, so I would need to add a check for that.
OtterFace
Young scout

Post by OtterFace »

Hey, no problems! I'm involved in games development myself and I know how complicated things can get ;)
Thanks again for taking feedback into consideration. It's this kind of open dialogue between audience and developer that makes me respect your work so much more.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You're welcome :)
I always listen to all suggestion, if some aren't implemented in future updates is only because I realized it would introduce new bugs or are too "risky" to fix :oops: