Nicole beta testing thread!

A mystery life sim set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/nicole.htm
mizu_ki
Woods ranger

Re: Nicole beta testing thread!

Post by mizu_ki »

Spoiler:
Fight at Store:
When he sees that I show no signs of getting out of the way, Ted clicks his tongue and creaks his neck from side to side.
Cracks perhaps. Seems more menacing/irritated than creaks.

Disagree with Jeff about teaming up on Ted:
I keep my hands to me and shake my head.
I keep my hands to myself and shake my head.

At Ted's place:
I regret blurting those words as soon as I do. My eyes widen in fear, and Ted lowers his mug so he can stare directly at me. Coffee still in hand?
... Ted stands to his feet so fast that I'm surprised he didn't spill his drink. Coffee still in hand?
... He lets out a long breath and runs both of his hands up through his hair. Coffee everywhere? :)
... Ted places his mug next to mine and leans forward to get a better look.

Store Block Party Disaster (No meat):
I mean, he hasn't yelled at me for kissing him on the cheek the other night, so I figure that's gotta to mean something.
No need for to.

The door suddenly opens a crack, and my pink cardigan flies out through it onto the floor.
Nicole changes clothes but she's not wearing pink. Was this one of the scenes where the art was already done?

After Nicole leaves the Store, the player has the option to go back and work that Afternoon. Should we really have that option after what happened?
After an important scene, are Nicole's clothes suppose to stay the same as they were in that scene (in her mirror) until a new scene with different clothes happens?
Example:
Spoiler:
Nicole stays in her Clerk uniform after the Fight at the Store until she goes to Ted's place.
Spoiler:
On the day that Nicole finds her phone, her class is pushed back to the Afternoon when classes have always been in the Morning. It kind of threw me off; I had to go back and double-check that I was still on the same day because I thought for a moment that I had been fast forward to the next day. Anyway, I know Nicole is trying to be brave but would she really go to class and do another action after throwing up and hiding under her covers? She states that she needs to learn more about the abductions. Is it possible for her to spend the rest of the day researching online or something in her dorm? It's just a thought though it might be impossible to switch up something like that at this point. It was just rather jarring (at least for me).
Last edited by mizu_ki on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
kyoli18
Young scout

Post by kyoli18 »

so went through Jeff's play through and this is what I spotted
Spoiler:
When giving Jeff the cane in Jeff's response you have know where it should be knows. "Everyone know(s) the true symbol of an ...

on the date with Jeff talking about staying Nicole says, "If you're saying, I'm staying" pretty sure you meant for that to say staying instead of saying

still on the date when Jeff talks about his family Jeff states about his mother, "She decided that leaving her with her parents" the first her was probably suppose to be a me

special end with Jeff the txt on the phone says, "The day has come. Fight or flight. Will you take the first strike on the abandoned battlefield or shall I?" instead of what it is suppose to say, "The day has come. One last chance. Mind your own matters, and keep out of places you shouldn't be in."
mizu_ki
Woods ranger

Post by mizu_ki »

Hooray got Ted's Normal and Special endings! On to the next victim. :twisted:
Spoiler:
Nicole Talking to her Dad:
He must cover up the phone with his hand because I can only hear a muffled voice from that point on.
He must have covered up the phone with his hand ....

Finding Abandoned Building:
Nobody couldn't stand Erin, so they probably didn't bother keeping tabs on her.
Nobody could stand Erin, ....

I keep under these, and I'll have safely made my way back to the campus.
I'll keep under these and safely make my way back to the campus.

Ted's Normal Ending:
Groaning, I pick up my pace into a light job and head back into the colorful festivities of the block party.
...into a light jog and ....

Nicole: I mean, it literally won't work. There's nothing you can do to make your dad change your mind.
.... make your dad change his mind.

Eventually, Ted joins in quietly, and the store fills with the sound of both of our voices.
...... with the sound of our laughter.

Ted's Special Ending:
I nearly cracked their case, and I thought I was gonna put the final nail in the coffin today!
I nearly cracked the case, and I thought I was gonna put the final nail in their/his coffin today!

Ted: ...I'm not going to hate you for something this stupid
...I'm not going to hate you for something this stupid./-
Thought - might work since the next lines are about him positioning them so that they can look into each others' eyes.

Jeff: I merely caged the rambunctious troublemaker hid within.
.... troublemaker hidden within.

I must take him by surprise because I hear the stun gun go off in his hand.
I must have taken him by surprise....

I hastily hop back a step and give Ted an incriminated look.
.... give Ted an incriminating look.

Right behind me? I turn around, and there's Ted with an empty box in his arms.
.... Ted chuckles at me and places the empty boxes down by the door.

Ted: But it's better this way. I've let that all go, and now I can focus on other important things on my life.
..... important things in my life.
Emma_Clare
Young scout

Post by Emma_Clare »

The list I made for bug have already been posted but I have to say I loved the game! I got through all the boys with normal and special endings. Once I got the hang of it I went back to playing on normal otherwise I ended up with way too much gameplay time to spare and had to nap for two weeks straight to pass the time :P

Great game though! Loving Ted till the end :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

mizu_ki wrote:After an important scene, are Nicole's clothes suppose to stay the same as they were in that scene (in her mirror) until a new scene with different clothes happens?
Hmm I didn't put too much weight on this but is not a problem, I can reset Nicole clothes before the end of day screen :)
Good catch in the pink cardigan. Yes in that case the art was done or better I told artist to do the ending CG using the clothes she wanted but the writer had already written the scene before using another cloth as reference. So my fault :oops: but is enough to change that text luckily!
About what Nicole does after the scary scene, yes I think is too late to change it now. I think can work though, since she stays in places full of people. I would be more scared to stay in my dorm alone (since Chandra is out all day) than stay with many people in full daylight. Also if we really want to comment about Nicole:
Spoiler:
I find it rather stupid that she goes alone to the meeting with the culprit in the last scene! Especially since she has a boyfriend now. But that's how she is made: stubborn and probably a bit too cocky thinking that she can do everything on her own!
Emma_Clare wrote:The list I made for bug have already been posted but I have to say I loved the game! I got through all the boys with normal and special endings. Once I got the hang of it I went back to playing on normal otherwise I ended up with way too much gameplay time to spare and had to nap for two weeks straight to pass the time :P
Yes exactly, if the game is too easy you reach all the stats way before the end :lol:
Cain0425
Young scout

Post by Cain0425 »

SPECIAL ENDING:
- You need 99% in relationship + over 900 in the boy related stat + 999 in clues

what related stat do i need for darren and do i need to be well around in all stat becuse that really hard to do in this game
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've added each boy stat as spoiler to first post :wink:
Ayacast
Young scout

Post by Ayacast »

I've finally reached every endings! ^^
(It turned out that my problem with the Wit stat was because I was aiming at the wrong boy. Oh well.)
Spoiler:
There's something weird I noticed: Jeff's room is supposed to have blue bedcovers with stars and an anatomical diagram on the wall. However when he brews his potion in his room, it's clearly not the same background, there are bedcovers with a green pattern and a periodic table.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha good catch! I used the wrong background on that scene indeed, I'll fix it :)
QueenoftheCastle
Young scout

Post by QueenoftheCastle »

Just another quick thing I found in the previous build that was a little weird, not sure if it was fixed yet or even mentioned, but...
Spoiler:
On Nicole's movie date with Darren, if you call the movie attendant over to help look for his wallet, the attendant is named Anderson. Which also happens to be the name of Nicole's father, so I think there may be a mix-up.