Nicole

A mystery life sim set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/nicole.htm
ChaosMorning
Young scout

Nicole

Post by ChaosMorning »

Sooo... what exactly is the 'Nicole game' we occasionally are told of in tweets and whatnot actually about I mean, we've seen some artwork of the protagonist and two of the love interests and know that it's a 'mystery game' but nothing else.

T'would be nice to get a blog post on some of the lesser talked of games sometimes--don't get me wrong, Loren's great and all but (understandably) Loren the Amazon Princess and the Expansion have dominated a lot of the news in the past couple of months.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Nicole

Post by jack1974 »

Haha I know, that's why I said in the last blog posts that I'm going to talk about the other games soon. The problem with Nicole is that I don't have all the art yet, in particular I have ZERO backgrounds. So all I can post is some characters, but the story is quite simple and I can't talk too much about it without spoilers. Anyway, I talked about Roommates game, last time was about Bionic Heart, and the next two blog posts will be about Queen Of Thieves and Nicole, so don't worry :)
ChaosMorning
Young scout

Post by ChaosMorning »

I'm sure you could give a brief synopsis, right? I mean, how will you ever advertise the game if you can't say what it's actually about?

I was sort of neglecting the Bionic Heart sequel because I haven't played the first game (and after reading about it in the Moacube blog post I'm not that interested). The Roommates posts have been great though, wonderful artwork.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes will write about it, the synopsis is actually quite simple: you play as Nicole who just started college, but as soon as you arrive some female students start disappearing. The police has no clue about what's happening, and why they're disappearing. You can either discover the culprit (which will be one of the dateable characters of the game) or just focus on romance and move on.

About Bionic Heart well yes, if you like otome games, definitely is not the game for you. Personally I think is the game I made with the best story, but again I can understand that is very different genre from Nicole or other otome dating sims.
ChaosMorning
Young scout

Post by ChaosMorning »

Ah, cool. Well now we know I suppose :D

Hm, I do like otome games but my interests are far more wide-spread than just that--I love the idea of the game, I'm just curious as to whether you had a different writer for the game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Different writer? For Nicole the writer is the same who wrote Remember Me, but I didn't plan/follow carefully the development (was too busy with Loren) so once the plot is finished I want to review everything and add/fix/change stuff :)
ChaosMorning
Young scout

Post by ChaosMorning »

For Bionic Heart, if it had the same writing as Planet Stronghold and the other games before other writers were hired then I don't think I'd bother playing it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes, you're right - it has my own poor writing, sorry :oops: