Druid

Re: change of artist...

Post by ValHallen »

Damm, that's gorgeous. I want this game now :cry:. And that Svetlana <3
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

Lol that art already looks better than the original.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Oh, I'm sure that when I'll post the finished character images, a good amount of people will say that old artist was better :mrgreen:
As always when dealing with tastes, it's impossible to make everyone happy. One thing is sure though, maybe previous artist faces were more cute/interesting but the outfits... definitely not steampunkish. Instead the new one did some super-detailed steampunk outfits!
The game won't be out this year for the simple fact that I cannot code more than 1 RPG a year, to avoid becoming a madman :lol:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:Oh, I'm sure that when I'll post the finished character images, a good amount of people will say that old artist was better :mrgreen:
As always when dealing with tastes, it's impossible to make everyone happy. One thing is sure though, maybe previous artist faces were more cute/interesting but the outfits... definitely not steampunkish. Instead the new one did some super-detailed steampunk outfits!
The game won't be out this year for the simple fact that I cannot code more than 1 RPG a year, to avoid becoming a madman :lol:
Then stop coming Queen of Thieves and start coding Roger Steel!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol I don't think, considering that QoT has the writing basically done, almost all art, etc. I know you were joking anyway :mrgreen:
Beardy Bro
Young scout

Post by Beardy Bro »

my personal problem with PSCD art is that everyone looks like they are above 40-50 and plastic. well,CG was good,but sprites...ugh...
you can look at Kisses and Curses.it has fantastic art and the story is also good,but microtransaction(it was from android after all) is ugh...it was beyond retarded.
plus always online DRM was laughable...like rly ??? PHONE GAME THAT CAN BE PLAYED ONLY AT HOME ??? :DDD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

We're trying a new artist which seems good. However before posting anything we need to do more experiments :)
That game you mention uses some very questionable system! lol :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So I have the main cast redone by the new artist. It's still a bit "painted" but definitely not realistic or similar to PSCD style.
I think will probably post some previews here to see what people think. Some characters, like Roger Steel himself, MUST look older, since ... they're older (by older I mean late 30 or even 40 years old, not like the young manga characters).
I think the females turned all good, for the males, some better than others, but at least body proportions etc are fine :)
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

jack1974 wrote:So I have the main cast redone by the new artist. It's still a bit "painted" but definitely not realistic or similar to PSCD style.
I think will probably post some previews here to see what people think. Some characters, like Roger Steel himself, MUST look older, since ... they're older (by older I mean late 30 or even 40 years old, not like the young manga characters).
I think the females turned all good, for the males, some better than others, but at least body proportions etc are fine :)
Can't wait! Hope to see some images soon, when you get the time to post them! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

ImageImage
This is Ann (main female protagonist), and I think artist did a great job. Good body proportions and very cute face :) Also not exaggeratly big boobs (though there are some who have them haha).