Sneak Preview #21 - Roger Steel: Missing in Action

A steampunk RPG
P_Tigras
Druid

Re: Sneak Preview #21 - Roger Steel: Missing in Action

Post by P_Tigras »

I agree with everything that has been said. However, I'm -not- a big fan of having everyone except the MC voiced. I recognize that a lot of people hated the switch to a vocalized MC in Dragon Age 2 (very likely because they could no longer imagine their voice as the MC's), but one of the things that bugged me about the original Dragon Age, especially the Awakening expansion, was that you were all too often passive in group conversations, and all speeches were given by other characters. At times, whenever there was speaking to be done, you seemed more a follower, than a leader, a grunt who sat back and listened, and every once in awhile asked a question while the important people talked and discussed the situation. While I detested Dragon Age 2 for other reasons, the vocalized MC wasn't one of them. It made the MC a more forceful presence in the game dialogues. Thus I'd rather have either everybody voiced, or nobody voiced.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes that's another good point that I forgot... having selectable gender means that the common dialogues needs to be voiced x 2 (male and female)! Unless you use the original DA approach, so that you choose every line you speak (but without voice) which is a thing I didn't like much too.
Svanhildr
Young scout

Post by Svanhildr »

I prefer having no voice for the MC, because I like giving him/her their own voices in my mind. Sometimes it's good with voiced MCs in some games, other times not.

Grunts are fine though. :>
Meep :3
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Hey just wondering how Fen is getting on since heard nothing in what seems forever. :shock:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha he emailed me some good ideas for the gameplay in past weeks. So he's busy but still alive at least :mrgreen: