A mysterious message

A steampunk RPG
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: A mysterious message

Post by jack1974 »

He replied and indeed confirmed my fears. Power is still unstable, quoting him: "Anyway, we just got back our electricity here on our area but authorities said to wait for a few days for the complete restoration of power as we still get 8-12 hours rotating blackout due to lack of power supplies."
So updates will be a bit slower. He finished Svetlana though, so that characters can be introduced. And what a character! 8)
Asonder
Young scout

Post by Asonder »

Sooo any chance we could get a peek at Svetlana in the meantime? :P Or do you just have scheduled days that you reveal them?

Hope everything's okay with the artist though :(
All hail Rei's booty.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I reveal them on a blog post each Friday :) maybe next one, if Fen has time to write a short intro!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I thought to do an update: Fen has been working like crazy in past months, and this one in particular he managed to write 45,000 words! (and of which quality...).
While the game is still FAR from being finished (needs still a lot of art, and the script is only in word format so needs to be "formatted" into Ren'Py, then added all the characters, etc is a long process) I am really enthusiast about it: there are A LOT of choices!! and they impact the story in several ways. Fewer combats than SOTW, but I will do my best to make each fight a "puzzle" so worth trying different approaches to them.

Quoting a tutorial phrase from the game:
"you can tailor the game to play in the style you are most happy with: as a combat-oriented RPG, for example; or a stealth- and charm-based adventure game."
8)
iWeasle
Woods ranger

Post by iWeasle »

Yay! :mrgreen:
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

I hope the writer who is a year late, is not Fen.
Im starting to get worried aboutthis game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No he's on rampage :) He wrote a lot in past months, the writing is at good point, but in this game case the art is a bit behind (all the CGs are missing for example).
ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen »

jack1974 wrote:No he's on rampage :) He wrote a lot in past months, the writing is at good point, but in this game case the art is a bit behind (all the CGs are missing for example).
Give us some preview! This is one of my most antecipated games from WW, the waiting is driving me crazy :) .
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There'll be more character intros, but I preferred if he wrote the main story rather than that. I think I posted already some art? or you meant writing preview?
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

Just curious: Who's composing the soundtrack for this one? :)