Planet Stronghold 2 release!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Planet Stronghold 2 release!

Post by jack1974 »

After 2 weeks since last bug report (and it was a typo) I decided was pointless to keep waiting and released Planet Stronghold 2 on itch.io:
https://winter-wolves.itch.io/planet-stronghold-2
(note that due to the Catalina OS, it is NOT available for Mac)

I'll call this "soft-release" mode but only because I'm very paranoid. A Steam release is expected in 2-3 weeks, I still need the video trailer (they require it) and fix some stuff regarding the adult content that on Steam will be unlocked through a separate free DLC, while the base game will be censored.

What's New in 1.0.17

- fixed the Finished skill since wasn't working as intended. Now will always deal critical dmg, plus if target is under a certain percentage of health will instantly kill it (as long as it's not a boss enemy)

What's New in 1.0.16

- fixed the Barrage skill: erroneously was listed as possible with SMG, instead it can be used only if you've a MachineGun or Assault Rifle equipped
- fixed a crash bug in Lakadema good ending if you reached it without any romance
- fixed level text appearing in red in the Engineering screen due to last selecting a lower level character in the character screen
- added a way to free memory just before the credits screen hoping to fix an ultra-rare memory error (in any case is during the ending credits so nothing from the story is missed)
- fixed an "XP bug" during the quest War Crimes, which wouldn't clear the location even after failing the Charisma check, with the result that you could repeat that part endlessly and farm a lot of XP!

What's New in 1.0.15

- fixed some wrong character sprites in the endings (they'd appear as giant ones! :D)
- fixed rollback behavior: now it should block Ren'Py default rollback in map, inventory, vendors and allow it only during the narrative scenes
- fixed some typos

What's New in 1.0.14

- fixed a bug with Luxinde buff in Philipp's final battle (was duplicating Regen ID causing side effects)
- empire scouts had wrong icon in battle turn order portraits
- the level of item decrypted is based on the level you were when you got datapad, and not when it's decrypted (I've changed the text)
- the chapter 2 side quest "Rebuild A Future" sometimes might fail with bad luck (uncommon but could happen), I have tweaked the values so it should be easier to make it
- to balance the excessive damage of SMG/Machinegun/Assault Rifles I've reduced the Critical value of those 3 weapon types
- the right non-combat skill to reveal enemy information was Psionics, and not Culture (which gives already an Acid damage bonus). This has been fixed now, also in the help texts
- fixed wrong color for Arnox Warchief during chapter 3 quest to kill Apex Alpha
- fixed more typos

What's New in 1.0.13

- the Charm skill was displaying wrong length values. Now the length matches what's written in the skill description and also in the battle debuff icons
- during the "talking about loss" scene Milo could be erroneously apologizing to Cliff even if he wasn't present (game was picking current romance automatically)
- fixed some more typos

What's New in 1.0.12

- fixing previous Cliff bug added another (last romance scene in armory wouldn't trigger anymore, this should be fixed)
- moved Rumi scene about secret messages one day forward
- fixed some more typos

What's New in 1.0.11

- by mistake you could trigger Cliff talk in the armory if playing as Rebel and starting romance with him, this has been fixed
- added explanation of HP/PP Regen depleting in battles in the attribute screen
- if you went in the medbay and used the Gharl Stones to gain XP, it would add Milo/Michelle to the party even if you haven't recruited them yet. I decided to enable this only starting from Day 12 to avoid possible conflicts like this
- by mistake during Lucille scenes two voices could be played at same time
- added an extra line during Michelle Loyal intro showing she has drinking problems now (that was obvious only if you started the game as Rebel)

What's New in 1.0.10

- fixed Cliff's romance scene image and achievement (it wasn't working anymore after a past update)
- fixed wrong alignment of Rumi
- fixed some typos

What's New in 1.0.9

- in some scenes of chapter 2 the game story would erroneously refer to Avae instead of Cliff about the person who gave Nelson the metallic piece
- the achievement for defeating the Apex Alpha wasn't triggering correctly
- I was displaying a messagebox about breaking existing romance even when you picked no starting romance (the logic was working fine already, just this message was wrong)

What's New in 1.0.8
- fixed some crashes in certain endings happening only when replaying them from the Gallery screen
- during character creation, you could pick Barrage for Scouts, but it's a skill you could never use since requires SMG and Scouts can't equip them! :D

What's New in 1.0.7
- new feature: when replaying the endings from the gallery, the game picked default values since there are too many (loyal/rebel, which relationships you had, choices made, romance, etc). Now you can at least choose if to replay the scene with Lisa or Joshua.
- forgot to script two scenes in Michelle's path, the engagement scene (if you didn't start with her as love interest) and the first "established romance" where Lisa is worried about Michelle's conditions
- after Gustavo's quest "Food For Thought" is either completed or failed, I had to prevent access to the outposts to avoid plot holes. Now instead of removing completely the outposts icons from the map I simply not allow access anymore
- fixed more typos

What's New in 1.0.6

- during the quest "free the farm" in chapter 3 you were fighting the wrong aliens (Arnox instead of Apex Rahn)
- fixed some wrong military ranks texts (lieutenant/sergeant in early chapters)
- after the changes to Psionic Shield, it was erroneously reflecting MAX the MINIMUM amount indicated in the skill description. This has now been fixed so it will always reflect the right amount of damage
- Disarm skill has been nerfed: cost and delay increased to 20 and the damage will gradually go up to 40% of base damage. The number of rounds the debuff lasts has also been fixed in the texts (the latest level lasts 6 turns and not 5 as previously written).

What's New in 1.0.5
- fixed a crashing bug triggered only if you were in a sector that will be eliminated after Day 60 (uncommon but possible)

What's New in 1.0.4

- fixed a bug in Lucille's personal quest, it could be repeated unlimited times
- Psionic Shield will now reflect at least a minimum amount of damage (depending on skill level) since otherwise was too weak compared to the cost
- during the siege in chapter 2 menu the background image disappeared while the menu was active, this has been fixed
- more typos fixed

What's New in 1.0.3

- there was a well-hidden bug that was adding skills in a hidden list, allowing certain characters to use skills that they DIDN'T learn ! This has now been fixed and should be compatible even with old saves (won't work if you saved in middle of a fight though)
- the Defend text was wrong, claiming any class recovers 1 armor when defending, while only the Soldier class with the Repair Armor skilltree can
- in the crafting screen, certain items like Legendary armor Myssa might not get any stat upgrade from a level to another unless you used Gharl Stones to do it. I have now changed this so that at least will get an Evasion upgrade until a value of 30, making the upgrade meaningful again
- fixed the attribute texts box in the level up screen so the Will attribute description fits
- fixed some more typos

What's New in 1.0.2

- fixed a bug during Lisa/Lakadema romance scene that was making the romance image picture stick on the screen even in next ones, like map exploration, etc making game unplayable
- corrected texts during character creation about Guardian class which can use Assault Rifles (the game logic was already OK, just wrong texts)

What's New in 1.0.1
- forgot to remove some old code that would trigger the "end of demo" after some in-game days! this has now been fixed, sorry about that

What's New in 1.0.0

- updated some achievements icons that were using duplicate images
- fixed a few more typos
Skurrow
Young scout

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 release!

Post by Skurrow »

Hi I'm new here. Firstly, congratulations on the release of your new game. Secondly - and I'm sorry as its probably just me being a fool - I am having a problem running it. I have bought and downloaded the game from itch.io (180+MB zip) and everything works fine for the first few in game days, then just after a new character arrives I get an 'End of Demo' notice. Is there something I should be doing to register/active the product? I'm not seeing anything obvious. Thanks!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

My bad, forgot to remove some part of code, will do an update now! Sorry about it!
Skurrow
Young scout

Post by Skurrow »

Ah, no problem. Thank you very much for sorting it.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

Congratulations on the release.

BTW....on the class description of guardians, says they "Can Use" and "Can't Use" assault rifles. Which one is it?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah lol, yes they can use them. Will fix it :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

possible bugs and writing errors, I'm currently playing the rebel route in case that makes a difference
Spoiler:
  • Legendary armor Myssa does not raise stats from level 5 to 6 without using a Gharl stone.
  • On level up screen, the text describing Will is cut off to length of text.
  • Defend command doesn't recover defense.
  • Harm still seems to do 1 point less minimum damage than what is stated in the description. (side note: skill is better now it adds bleeding effect)
  • Descoria is occasionally written in lower case (descoria) when it should be capitalized
  • "tattoed" should be spelled "tattooed" [Dredan camp scene with Jacob and Phil]
  • "Xenophic" should be spelled "Xenophobic" [scene with Shiler and Cliff during meeting with elites]
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, regarding your points:
- the leveling up depends on the level, basically uses a base armor and compares with starting stats of the items and multiplies it by the level to keep every time consistent. So at lower levels it might not add much. Not sure how to fix this, I mean it could be a bug or not, will check
- the Defend is a wrong text, it's correct that doesn't recover defense (only the soldier class can do it with the Repair Armor skilltree)
- regarding Harm are you sure the enemies don't have 1 psionic resistance ? and yes, with the bleeding is much more versatile now :)

will fix the other typos.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've already fixed all your issues, and found a solution for the upgrade thing (it will increase Evasion stat instead, better than nothing! :lol:). I am only waiting to do the update, since another user should send me some more typos reports.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

That's understandable. Besides, I intend to play through the game a couple of times.

Some more oddities...
  • Into the Fray: can sometimes be activated even when your Guardians haven't invested skill points
  • Psionic Shield: can also be activated without putting skill points into it, although it doesn't seem to reflect back any damage
Last edited by Jaeger on Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.