Planet Stronghold 2 (full game content!) beta

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 (full game content!) beta

Post by jack1974 »

Lol how is possible? Here I get different values :shock: Can you send me that save, I really don't understand how it's possible (the function is that one)!
Limaral
Young scout

Post by Limaral »

Hey, so I got this weird bug when trying to talk to Avae at some point (day 51 to be exact)
Just got an error message saying this:
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 526, in execute_call_screen
    args, kwargs = a.evaluate()
  File "game/plot/avae.rpy", line 820, in <module>
NameError: name 'avae' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gameflow.rpyc", line 1250, in script call
  File "game/plot/avae.rpyc", line 820, in script
    �pA�F�����˞�x� ���5�m��,NQ�n�t�~}�\;Aҡ�r9��Y��X!��Ơ�����ƅ�컴�e�˲4����9���e�`��üB�fu��(ooBy�;�=����Q��I�J4ȕNQ��X����;�VQ������wU��j��i��	��v������<$��z�6U�Mj4�F1���}2��	�5��Q�B:(Pj�Q��1|���c�D��QwX��g�wT���>�(�Ŧ�R�JǬt:k�5�v2Q��]KP���hƺ���DhW?�,*�Y�����֛;����$L�v}���B��s*6��yC�FA������Mr$��E�6U�jg�I�}�	�6�XmJ��L`�����~�[�
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\PS2\PlanetStronghold2-0.6.20-fullversion\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\PS2\PlanetStronghold2-0.6.20-fullversion\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\PS2\PlanetStronghold2-0.6.20-fullversion\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 526, in execute_call_screen
    args, kwargs = a.evaluate()
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\PS2\PlanetStronghold2-0.6.20-fullversion\renpy\ast.py", line 190, in evaluate
    args.append(renpy.python.py_eval(v, locals=scope))
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\PS2\PlanetStronghold2-0.6.20-fullversion\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\PS2\PlanetStronghold2-0.6.20-fullversion\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/plot/avae.rpy", line 820, in <module>
NameError: name 'avae' is not defined

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Mon Feb 03 00:40:14 2020
The same thing repeated after a few reloads.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I supposedly got a helmet reward from Rumi's personal quest (loyal), but I can't find it anywhere?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Limaral wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:43 pm Hey, so I got this weird bug when trying to talk to Avae at some point (day 51 to be exact)
Did you start a new game or continued from previous beta save? I know why is happening but I thought it worked.
Franka wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:09 pm I supposedly got a helmet reward from Rumi's personal quest (loyal), but I can't find it anywhere?
Yes an helmet called "Wild", you should have it in the inventory, unless there's a bug somehow (but not sure why since is an item like another).
Also got your save and tomorrow will check the values!
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:43 pm Yes an helmet called "Wild", you should have it in the inventory, unless there's a bug somehow (but not sure why since is an item like another).
Ah, I found it, it wasn't a helmet, but an armor. I thought it said a helmet.
Also got your save and tomorrow will check the values!
A few levels later, the numbers are different, but still not the ones they should be. I don't know what's going on... It might have something to do with Willpower skill?

Another thing, it felt like there was something wrong with the relationship status during Rumi's personal quest. The romance wasn't locked in yet, but there were kisses and stuff, even though the last I remember, they had broken up?
Last edited by Franka on Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Limaral
Young scout

Post by Limaral »

jack1974 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:43 pm
Limaral wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:43 pm Hey, so I got this weird bug when trying to talk to Avae at some point (day 51 to be exact)
Did you start a new game or continued from previous beta save? I know why is happening but I thought it worked.
I continued from a previous save, yes. Should I have started from scratch?
Winkie22
Young scout

Post by Winkie22 »

i finished milos route with joshua and i didnt notice during it cause was so hot but i didn't get achievement for his romance I only noticed after I finished the game and wanted to see it again also earlier during the water gathering quests in which your trying to gather water before volcano explodes I clicked on the oasis during my exploration and did the scenes but the quest said I hadn't so I failed the quest several days later I didn't notice until I had already failed it it wasn't a big deal but I like doing quests 100%
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:51 pm Ah, I found it, it wasn't a helmet, but an armor. I thought it said a helmet.
The text indeed says helmet, but probably I changed my mind! Will update the texts.
Franka wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:51 pm A few levels later, the numbers are different, but still not the ones they should be. I don't know what's going on... It might have something to do with Willpower skill?
Ahh yes that could be the reason! Since it increases in percentage or something. I need to look into that and maybe just add a fixed amount or something.
Franka wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:51 pm Another thing, it felt like there was something wrong with the relationship status during Rumi's personal quest. The romance wasn't locked in yet, but there were kisses and stuff, even though the last I remember, they had broken up?
You're right, originally the personal quests were supposed to trigger at end of chapter 3, however while testing I thought people might use more powerful items early on. Most other quests are fine since all character are more or less engaged but Rumi romance is particular since even if you start in her romance, you aren't really together until the "lock on" moment at day 45-50. Thanks for catching this, I'll simply do a check for the day beside if romance==rumi
Limaral wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:54 pm I continued from a previous save, yes. Should I have started from scratch?
I believe if you start from scratch it should work, but I'm not 100% sure regarding Avae, in next update I might have a fix that works even using a previous save (need to do some tests). It's a stupid bug while displaying the character portrait on a screen, so nothing game breaking anway :)
Winkie22 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:51 am i finished milos route with joshua and i didnt notice during it cause was so hot but i didn't get achievement for his romance I only noticed after I finished the game and wanted to see it again also earlier during the water gathering quests in which your trying to gather water before volcano explodes I clicked on the oasis during my exploration and did the scenes but the quest said I hadn't so I failed the quest several days later I didn't notice until I had already failed it it wasn't a big deal but I like doing quests 100%
Yes I forgot to put some achievements, I plan to do it in the next update, and also another user spotted the Three Oasis bug. Glad you liked the Milo/Joshua romance, is one of the hottest of the game indeed :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:51 pm A few levels later, the numbers are different, but still not the ones they should be. I don't know what's going on... It might have something to do with Willpower skill?
The save you sent was enlightening. The issue was the Fatigue amount, which was at maximum (30%). If I rested up and tried to go to the gym again to reallocate the attributes, they'd work fine. So the strange values you were getting (and that I was getting too using that save) were due to the fatigue! :) Basically was cutting 1/3 (30%) of the PP even when reallocating them.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:58 am The save you sent was enlightening. The issue was the Fatigue amount, which was at maximum (30%). If I rested up and tried to go to the gym again to reallocate the attributes, they'd work fine. So the strange values you were getting (and that I was getting too using that save) were due to the fatigue! :) Basically was cutting 1/3 (30%) of the PP even when reallocating them.
I see. Well, that's confusing. :)