development thread

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: development thread

Post by jack1974 »

I've coded the 80% of skills, but still need to test them in a battle. I like this "Kill Them All" skill by Michelle :lol:
It will be quite different from my fantasy RPG since for example in the skill above I'll need to count the number of bullets left. The reloading will be automatic once you run out of bullets, but if for example you use that skill and had 1 bullet left... epic fail. I hope people will understand how this work and not be pissed (maybe I'll add some extra tutorial stuff in the early battles).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol I think Milo has the most funny skills of the game. Like this Mushrooms one :lol: :lol:
Ragnus
Young scout

Post by Ragnus »

In case of Michelle, if you dual wield it will empty both weapons when you use the Kill Them All skill? If so she needs a pair of very high capacity pistols or maybe some high capacity grenade launcher if new ranks of the skill add other weapon groups like it seems.
Milos Mushroom skill goes along well with his overall appearance. Seems just fitting for him. :) How would you describe him personally wise? And with whom you had the most problems finding fitting skills?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ragnus wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 pm In case of Michelle, if you dual wield it will empty both weapons when you use the Kill Them All skill?
That's a good question but I don't know yet since I have to implement the new battle system :mrgreen: I will tweak the skill if necessary.
About Milo he is a bit of a crazy guy, but I think people will find him funny. Others might hate him though. Also, there's a past between him and Rebecca which will make things interesting... :wink:
The person I have most problems finding fitting skills so far is Tom, but I think I know how I'm going to fix it (self/group morale skills and protection).
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

jack1974 wrote:About Milo he is a bit of a crazy guy, but I think people will find him funny.
You bet! :lol:
Milo is officially the hottest redhead from all of your games now. :wink:
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool :)
Meanwhile Rebecca got the right passive skill for her...
trying to make each character behave differently in battle. Of course you could even not pick this skill line... but would be a pity! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

finished both Rebecca and Philipp skillsets, so there are only 2 left (plus the MC). For Philipp I wanted to make a fun skill like this "drunk shot". Seemed appropriate for him :lol: :lol:
Please note that "miss" doesn't mean doing 0 damage, but half damage of what would normally do. Otherwise would suck :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Dunno how you'd fit it on there, but an attack that does less damage than normal is often called a "glancing blow". Maybe that would be less confusing than "miss-but-not-really-a-miss"?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes probably will use that term instead since it's less confusing. Thanks!
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

So Drunk Shot either hits the intended target for reduced damage or hits a random target? Thematically, it's quite amusing, although I can't help but question how reliable it will be to worth investing points. If there is only one target left, will always be a glancing blow?