development thread

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
pahldus
Woods ranger

Re: development thread

Post by pahldus »

Well Oscar, I may call you Oscar correct, or should I call you father. We wiped out everyone we found, but you know as well I do that to be absolutely sure we had gotten them all we would need to eradicate the entire planet, yourself included. :P
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I could add an option "Kill Oscar" which leads to a short game over but very satisfying! :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

congratulations, you have just recruited a hot babe! :o :lol: :lol:

Lol jokes apart the fun thing is that the sentence after that screen it's Nelson thinking:
"Sometimes she can be a real bitch, but at least I know Rebecca has my back."
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

the character/inventory screen is starting to be too much crowded. I'll need to clean it up :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I took a break on this to finish Cursed Lands, and now even Love Bites is on the finishing line, so probably I'll get back to this in April. I had an interesting idea though: I'm planning to have, beside the usual turn based combat, also a pausable "real-time" combat. I need to see if I manage to code it obviously :) But the idea is that each party member will have some "rules" to follow while fighting. This will be possible in this game since it's going to be more simplified than Cursed Lands for example (not that many skills, etc).
On each turn the party member will keep shooting at the current target, if the target is dead will automatically pick a new one and so on. If I manage to make it work I was thinking to use a system similar to FFXII where you can define a set of rules to follow (if allied HP < 20% then heal etc).
Until now it's just a theory though, need to see if I manage to actually implement it, but while I know some of you dislike pausable-realtime combat I think for more casual players and for easier battles (in which you don't need to micro-manage everything) it could be a good addition :)
grey_duck
Young scout

Post by grey_duck »

jack1974 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:12 pm I could add an option "Kill Oscar" which leads to a short game over but very satisfying! :lol:
Well, Cursed Lands does have the
Spoiler:
screw you Grimoire council, I don't wanna be an envoy
option.

Which makes for a very short game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, I could add stuff like that if there's time. They're always fun to write :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:27 amI'm planning to have, beside the usual turn based combat, also a pausable "real-time" combat.
Oh crap, please don't waste time on this...

Nah, you can do what you like, I'm just unhappy that the time spent developing this could have been spent on something I'd be interested in. I won't play it in real time. If I don't want to do manual battles, I'll play in VN mode.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'll make some quick tests but if I see it will take too long, I won't do it. I don't have time to waste with all the various games in progress :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

jack1974 wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:27 am I'm planning to have, beside the usual turn based combat, also a pausable "real-time" combat.
I'd probably use that mode to speed up the late game grinding, but I also suspect it'll take a lot of work to implement. Manual battles on bosses are fun. Manual battles on trash mobs get dull after level 15 or so.