development thread

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Re: development thread

Post by SimonStardust »

Just asking because the individual social talents for each class and race during Cursed Lands character creation were so much fun. xD
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes customization is cool. I'll see if I can come up with something without spending too much time on it :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Found a way without going nuts :) In practice, beside the 4 basic class skills (like all other characters) for your MC you can pick 4 skills, and I reused the skills of other characters. A bit like it was with Dragon Age, where your MC could share same skilltrees as other members.
This way managed to offer much more customization than a simple 4 fixed skills. I have divided the skills in "skill sets", I'm not sure what is the best term to use. Otherwise they could have been too powerful. For example the first skill set are all passive skills, so having both PP and HP regen at max could have been too much :)
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Post by SimonStardust »

As I already said on twitter: I really like that system. It's full of options but simple. :D
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I was stuck since 3 days (even if was only able to work for little time each day) on this mysterious bug that wouldn't let the skills show up in combat.
Result: I forgot that in this game I used JPG icons instead of PNG and simply the files weren't loaded, so the icons were there, but invisible :o :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

now I display the basic skills on the left and the more advanced ones on the right (a bit like it was in Loren).
I need to do the new hit/damage system now... it's going to be a mess at first :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

implementing bullets today! wooth
So far managed to correctly import the magazine size of each weapon (Michelle has dual-wield so two weapons with different magazine sizes). The bullet consumption also seems to work, now will add the auto-reload (basically will add some delay to the next move).
I thought about implementing manual reload but after some quick tests, was a total chore to do it in battle, so I am just going to do it automatically :)
lumacakes
Young scout

Post by lumacakes »

Looking awesome so far!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Also, for obvious reasons, I disabled the possibility to open the inventory WHILE in battle in this game.
"Hey I ran out of bullets let me swap my weapons with another so I get unlimited ammo!" :mrgreen:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Oh, is ammo finite? Many games have done away with that because it was an annoyance. It's one thing to require downtime to reload in combat, but another to only allow x turns one character can fight. Especially on those multiple-encounters-in-a-mission missions or big boss fights. It makes them a liability to bring as opposed to someone that can go on forever. (And also, it's more expensive to constantly buy ammo for one character when everyone else shoots for free.)