On weapons

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: On weapons

Post by jack1974 »

ROFL, somehow I always divided by 5 the off-hand damage!! :lol: using a fixed calculation somewhere else in the code. No wonder it wasn't working! :)
I made an update and did some tests and seems to be working as it should now.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Darth Valer wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:09 pm I've been spamming Snapshots while dual wielding with her and considering her high speed she's been able to dish out tons and tons of damage while wittling down the enemy defense.
Congratulations, you've discovered pistol dancing, my favorite build. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Heh to think that I already nerfed the snap shot in an early build, it was even more powerful :lol:
In general I like that there are some strategies though, so unless something is clearly game-breaking/cheat mode, I want to leave it :)
Darth Valer
Young scout

Post by Darth Valer »

Btw I'm really enjoying these last updates and I was amazed at the speed with which you addressed them. Awesome!
Michelle is pretty strong now but not overwhelmingly so.

I have some more comments on the game but I'll postpone them to the end of my first run. I'm currently at almost 24 hours of gameplay while being in Chapter 2:
Spoiler:
Teleportation Raid, Day 27
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Glad you're enjoying the game. I used to make a sort of a joke with my fans, saying that I make "small games (tm)" when in reality are between the longest/biggest of the indie scene (this one is over 350k words of text and has a lot of sidequests/gameplay)! :)
Darth Valer
Young scout

Post by Darth Valer »

Maybe I found another bug :o

Was upgrading me stuff after the raid and I noticed I had a Legendary Psionic helmet which my psionics couldn't equip. Its type is "Psionic Helmet" whereas other similar items in that slot are "Psionic Armor". Nobody in my team can equip it
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I changed its type a few versions ago to fix an upgrading crash, but of course I forgot to update the character's definition (basically the ones able to wear psionic armor can wear it too). Thanks, I'll check if it's possible to make a fix that will also work with a game in progress (on new game they'd work for sure).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

A stupid one line of code :lol:
rumi.canUse.append("PsionicHelmet")

I'm planning to do a few more things before doing the next update though!
Darth Valer
Young scout

Post by Darth Valer »

Nice! I'll probably break it down for those juicy 6 gnarl stones so there's no hurry at least for me :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I've done it already since I was also planning to update the suggestive content on/off (requested mostly by VN Mode players :P)