Planet Stronghold 2 - the journey begins!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
Ryocchi
Woods ranger

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 - the journey begins!

Post by Ryocchi »

Really pumped for this one, I need my Cliff happy ending and Milo looks cute, I know it will probably come out after Colonial Defense and that's a good flow, anyway I'm very excited thank you Jack!!!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha wow last post was over a year ago :lol:
So... making a list of items for the inventory now! weapons, items ,etc. Asked PSCD artist to do them since he's doing a very good job with Amber images.
Currently I'm planning to have a simplified inventory - no 8 slots like Loren/SOTW! :mrgreen:
Basically: weapon, armor and item/usable.

The list will look like:
Weapons - gun, rifles, machine guns, assault rifles, cannons/bazookas. Each one with variant: AP (bullets), explosive rounds, energy/laser, acid. A separate category will be for Psionics, even if I haven't decided yet how will work in combat.
Armors - like the first game I'll just have a good variety, and each one will have resistances or bonuses (I might also use a system similar to Qot where you place add-ons to add properties to the armor)
Items - grenades, vials, etc
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Cool. So I'm guessing it still has a ways to go correct?
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Palmettogamer14 wrote:Cool. So I'm guessing it still has a ways to go correct?
Yep. Writing on it will start early next year. If everything goes well, it may be ready late 2017 (no promises)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I don't want to promise it will be ready for sure next year because lot of things can happen. However it's fairly safe to say that we'll BEGIN working on it next year. Then as usual depends on a lot of factors. Could be also that I'm too burned out to code a new RPG so soon. We'll see :)
mastro
Young scout

Post by mastro »

I'm a fan of PS1 and looking forward to this. Also, Undead Lily.
What system are you going to use? the system of Loren? For PS2 I am not sure it could work, since I think you said you wanted to have ammo (different ammo types) etc? who's going to code it?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha so many questions :lol:
For Undead Lily I'm probably going to reuse Loren's system with some tweaks (tm) as usual :)
For PS2, I really need to wait for Anima to do the new system. He actually made a prototype for PS2 already, years ago, and was working (though not well tested). It was supporting all the stuff you mention (different ammo types, and so on).

I thought I could try doing something myself, I even made some prototypes for UL using a map. But unfortunately, I realized it would take AGES for me to do it. I am just one person, I can only do so much :mrgreen:

You need all to motivate Anima, it's your ONLY HOPE!!!!!!!!!!! 8)
mastro
Young scout

Post by mastro »

I see. I think it's already mad what you do each year, so I understand, but I'm still sad.
Hopefully Anima (is the coder, correct?) will surprise us all this year ! :)
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

jack1974 wrote:Haha wow last post was over a year ago :lol:
So... making a list of items for the inventory now! weapons, items ,etc. Asked PSCD artist to do them since he's doing a very good job with Amber images.
Currently I'm planning to have a simplified inventory - no 8 slots like Loren/SOTW! :mrgreen:
Basically: weapon, armor and item/usable.

The list will look like:
Weapons - gun, rifles, machine guns, assault rifles, cannons/bazookas. Each one with variant: AP (bullets), explosive rounds, energy/laser, acid. A separate category will be for Psionics, even if I haven't decided yet how will work in combat.
Armors - like the first game I'll just have a good variety, and each one will have resistances or bonuses (I might also use a system similar to Qot where you place add-ons to add properties to the armor)
Items - grenades, vials, etc
I thought Psionics don't have a special weapon anymore, or least that's what I remember from a early thread discussing weapons.

That being said, just to throw out some ideas, psonic ampliers could grant bonuses to debuffs, healing, or whatever unique abilities that you want to give.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah I forgot about that discussion :lol:
But since I was going to do a big batch of items, I just did those anyway since I was at it. I think that maybe Psionics could be used even without an "amplifier" but as you said they could give bonuses :)