Planet Stronghold 2 - the journey begins!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
Jaeger
Druid

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 - the journey begins!

Post by Jaeger »

I'm glad to hear there is some semblance of a working battle system. I can't wait to hear more about it!
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

From the blog
Because that’s a cursed game
Uh oh... :-(

Does this mean anything like moving in a new direction, or is this only about the delays you mentioned?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The new writer is writing, very slowly, but the quality is really great IMHO. It's also a rather difficult game, because has lot of branching, side-missions, etc. So I have to say that's harder to write than my other games.
Anima is still coding the framework, has some small issues but even with it is going forward. Artist had some health issues, but she said will try to do one drawing a month. As you can imagine one-drawing a month is not really much since there are all the talking poses to finish :oops: (I think 4-5 missing, don't remember).

In summary is just a really weird case of combined bad luck, but I think in the end will be worth the wait: the new framework Anima is doing will be much more powerful and flexible and will be used also on Loren 2 and future RPGs. For the artist, worse case I can use the standing sprites during beta and put the final images once the game is out. For the writing... I'll try to push the writer faster, but to be honest right now is not a big problem if he keeps writing like this every day. He's motivated but doesn't have much free time :)
Deeros11
Young scout

Post by Deeros11 »

So is there any estimated release date? Last i heard of it was Q1 of 2013
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

You must not believe those rumors! :mrgreen:
I honestly have no clue right now (still writing, coding, some art missing), so I don't want to say any date, but I can tell you that for sure NOT this year. Unfortunately that's the only thing I can say :oops:
ilego1
Young scout

Post by ilego1 »

Will you still be working on this?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course. Had lots of troubles with writers and artist but now at least the art is basically done, and I could ask Miakoda who is writing PSCD to write this one. Of course, won't be out anytime soon! :(
ilego1
Young scout

Post by ilego1 »

K
D3NTING
Young scout

Post by D3NTING »

So i'm wondering if PS2 will just be for PC or will be on all systems like Android and IOS and Kindle because I just got PS1 (and promptly beat the s*** out of it (hardcore gameing weekend)) on my kindle. This is the first winter wolves game I got (loved it) and i don't want to have to buy a PC just to play one good RPG.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, on Android should never be an issue :) While for iOS basically depends a lot on external coders (it's a much longer/complicated work so I don't have time to do it myself).