Planet Stronghold 2 - the journey begins!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
Jaeger
Druid

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 - the journey begins!

Post by Jaeger »

I don't blame you, the thread is a couple of years old. What role(s) do you have in mind for Psionics?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Anima was doing the game design of PS2, heh, in those times we thought we had both time to do several things at once...then reality hit us :mrgreen:
Anyways the short answer is that I don't know: the main reason is that a lot depends if Anima manages to write the new RPG Framework in time.
So the rules will depend on the framework I've available, since the new one would have several interesting new features, like "casting time" and possibility of having "interrupt" and such. So a whole different world vs the existing Loren/SOW/QoT framework :)

In the original doc though, I remember each class was more specialized, so one offensive, one defensive, etc. I think for the psionics the best would be a sort of support class, like a bard in a fantasy game. But this is just an idea for now :)
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

That was my idea as well. Basically Soldier and Guardian as the offensive and defensive front line classes and Scout and Psionic as the respective support classes.

And reality is really inconvenient. Someone should have have really though about usability before releasing it...
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Anima_ wrote:That was my idea as well. Basically Soldier and Guardian as the offensive and defensive front line classes and Scout and Psionic as the respective support classes.
Ah good, I was remembering something I read in your doc then :)
Anima_ wrote: And reality is really inconvenient. Someone should have have really though about usability before releasing it...
Time to code Reality 2.0 and release it!!! 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

so this evening was playing a bit with a new skills idea. :twisted:
The current thinking is to use one of those system with a starting base skill, and then they branch out in all direction (in the mockup I made them only on top but could be also on bottom.
A bit like the path of exile skills (but of course I wouldn't go so crazy like that one!!). I would also want to have it very open, which means that each character has some predefined starting skills, but you could customize it as you want (well maybe within certain limits though).

Anyway, just an idea for now but I like how the mockup looks and since hopefully next year I'll work on this game... for real this time... :mrgreen:
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

Sweet! I've been curious about this game for a while and I hope we see some more stuff from it. :)