Planet Stronghold 2 - the journey begins!

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Planet Stronghold 2 - the journey begins!

Post by Franka »

Nothing wrong with the element of surprise. I would prefer those cases to be where you have a choice of different skills to get past the problem, so you're not locked into one specific choice of character, though.

The important bit is of course to give these things some thought and come up with the best design ever. ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, after the main engine is coded I plan to help Aleema with scripting some missions, since is not that easy to write them if you're not familiar with the system. Right now trying to finish both Heileen 3 and Bionic Heart 2 first :)
gino
Young scout

Post by gino »

Any updates on estimate release date? I like your other games but ... the RPGs are the top! 8)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

Well I'm sure he's still busy putting the finishing touches on Heileen, plus working on getting the yuri version out by Jan/Feb (yay!) , but I am looking forward to this as well, almost as much as Loren 2, I really enjoy playing as Lisa's story..

The only game I didn't end up liking was BH, but I show it to my brother and he loved it.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

As Sylrissa said I'm quite busy right now :lol:
I honestly don't want to say an estimate date for PS2 since there are many factors involved (art, writing, coding). However I might announce another RPG in the works soon, the infamous "steampunk RPG" I spoke about... months ago (wow time goes fast!). I should be able to code that one reusing Loren original code (with some changes of course!) so at least on the code part would be faster I think! I still need to produce all the art for it and that takes a while though :mrgreen:
josipa24
Young scout

Post by josipa24 »

jack1974 wrote: However I might announce another RPG in the works soon, the infamous "steampunk RPG" I spoke about... months ago
*sits up* Wait, what!?! This is awesome. Steampunk RPG with Loren - style battle system? Yes, please! (where's that shut up and take my money pic when you need it :mrgreen: )

Who's writing it?

P.S. Also looking forward to Heileen yuri version like Sylrissa :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes but before announcing it officially I need first to plan it better :lol: I'm talking with writer in these days about the gameplay system and need to see if there's any problem about reusing Loren engine, for example ,there's no support for "ammo" at all even if I think could be added somehow.
The writer is a new one, he's a professional writer and helped with Loren 2 storyboard, and curiously an existing customer too! :) He plans to join the forums to talk about it after I officially announce the game, probably in January/February. Stay tuned for more news :mrgreen:
gino
Young scout

Post by gino »

Steampunnk RPG?? coool :)
Though I think will play first PS2. I got attached somehow to the first game character... Michelle and Lisa in particular <3
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Just got the Lisa / Michelle romance image a few weeks ago and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Well, ALL the romance scenes made so far for PS2 are totally awesome to be honest 8)
anita
Young scout

Post by anita »

So happy to see this game being made. I loved the first game, mainly because of the gameplay (really cool the exploration minigame!) and now that Aleema is writing this sequel, this can't turn out anything but AWESOME! :) Will it have custom soundtrack like you posted in your blog, JAck ?