Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Re: Joshua Romance sneak peek (Planet Stronghold 2)

Post by DunKalar »

Then just create some random sort of alien and tell them they use osmosis :-D.

There is a p&p game called "Earthdawn". There you can play a sort of Stonepeople who just do not have a gender because they do not need it. they reproduce by merging out of stone if they want to ;-)

This is a nice solution and prevents the players to notorically try to mate with everything they encounter (they did not call Mass Effect 3 "Mass Errect" for nothing ;-) I think the overwhelming matingcontent in the latest Bioware games ruined these games :-( ).

I trust on jack's artist to bring up something weird to widen people's field of vision to ease alien envasion in the future :-D.
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The Vause race could use osmosis indeed :lol:
P_Tigras
Druid

Post by P_Tigras »

Aleema wrote:I think the problem is a bit deeper than "that's just how humans work." Male characters usually get a strong variety in their appearances, while "female" is usually limited to a very specific thing, all the time. Just listen to the Mass Effect artists struggle wildly to design female Krogan and Turians:
They’re all males in the game. We usually try to avoid the females because what do you do with a female Turian? Do you give her breasts? What do you do? Do you put lipstick on her? There’s actually some of the concept artists will draw lipstick on the male one and they’ll say “Hey, it’s done” and we’ll go “No, can you take this serious?
We're so creative when creating aliens, yet when we think of "female" versions we grind to dead halt. We're all wildly speculating if Krogan and Turians even have sexual dimorphism in their species before we realized that Mass Effect was just another victim of this pitfall.
If you're not creating a potential love interest than it really isn't that hard. If it's an outer space-type sci fi game, and the alien race isn't mammalian, than it shouldn't have breasts. One needs to think about the reproductive process and how the female lays/bears her young, and then what care, if any, she gives her young after birth. Then design her body to accomodate that. And males do not need to always be larger. Female insects, reptiles and birds are often larger, and the difference in size and even appearance can be rather extreme in some fish. If you're creating a potential love interest for human players than yes, you're pretty limited, because the farther away you get from an hourglass with breasts the smaller the interest level is going to be, but if you don't have to worry about that than all it requires is a bit of creative thinking, and perhaps a google image search.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Time for a necro-post resurrection! :lol:
Only to say that I updated the first post with a new image preview (I got OPTIONAL full nudity CG edited by another artist, and they all look really good, like if they were always done like that). Of course I cannot post a big preview, but I think what's there is ... interesting :wink:

I'll also update Lisa's CGs shortly.