Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Discuss the sequel to Planet Stronghold here
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Planet Stronghold: Warzone dev thread

Post by jack1974 »

Well not sure yet, but the game won't feature big maps, since doing scrolling would be a bit problematic (can always connect two maps using doors/portals though). But as I said this is a sort of minigame, is not like the whole game outside the colony works that way. At least that's the current idea, as always things can change as time goes on :)
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

Oh, I am not really thinking of scrolling maps and epic dungeoncrawling. As WW games are story-heavy, having to slog through continents might not be fun for the gamers. But judging from the screenshot something in the size of 10*10 or maybe 12*12 should be possible, and give a bit more sense of exploration. Maybe put the element picture/clickable arrows in the corner instead of the center. Well, that's what I see in the screenshot, what is really possible and fun needs to be playtested.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes in that case no problems :)
HollowVesta
Young scout

Post by HollowVesta »

Hello just checking to make sure I didn't miss anything. There isn't a set date yet, correct? and when do you plan to put the game on pre-order? I'm super excited for this (much like everyone else XD) and I don't want to miss anything!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No, since all of us were busy with real-life stuff :oops: However now things are going well, we're adding lots of stuff (like the isometric map exploration during missions) so is hard to give any estimate.
I hope it to be out before end of the year though, hopefully this Fall :)
HollowVesta
Young scout

Post by HollowVesta »

YAY!! I'm so happy thank you so much! I hope everyone is doing well!! And stay awesome, flies into sunset.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

new video showing the new features in action! As always everything is WIP, some art, some texts, layout, etc but you get an idea of the gameplay now :)
at-a-glance
Young scout

Post by at-a-glance »

Looks great! I'm looking forward to PS2 more than Loren 2 (not that both won't be great). One question though, how do you engage enemies in the isometric map? Walk into the square they occupy?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes exactly. So right now if there's an enemy hidden behind a door, you can't avoid the combat. But maybe will change the behavior based on some non-combat skills like Survival and similar.
at-a-glance
Young scout

Post by at-a-glance »

If the second game is anything like the first I don't think I'll be doing much fight dodging. Grinding was too important in PS1 to skirt combat.