latest update on Loren 2!

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

latest update on Loren 2!

Post by jack1974 »

https://www.winterwolves.net/blog/2020/ ... t-loren-2/
to avoid confusion, I will probably close this forum and open new ones with each of the 4 games names (once I have them, that's it).

Personally I'm happy with the solution we found since it means that finally I'll be able to release something, even if I'm sure many won't like this system. But I'll try my best with each of those games as usual! Having a smaller cast like this, might even allow me to do a RPG part again (something I wasn't sure at all before).
nolosk
Young scout

Re: latest update on Loren 2!

Post by nolosk »

I'm really glad to hear this. Both because it means I'll get to play it sooner, but also because I've always preferred stories with a bit of a tighter focus. Loren already had a huge cast, and adding on top of that would pretty much guarantee a lot of characters getting lost in the weeds. And to be honest, I just don't have the time to sit down and play like I used to, so I'd probably be happy paying full price for a shorter game so long as it's reasonably dense.

Also, I know they're minor characters, but I'm lowkey most excited to see these two whenever they get to show up. It's probably my optimism getting the better of me, but I can't help but hope that the shorter, more focused games might give them a chance to stand out a bit more.
jack1974 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:19 am Those images were done a lot of time ago (2 years ago I think!). In recent times I added more variety, like Krimm in SOTW, and I have also commissioned some more amazons with different body builds:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool, indeed another bonus of making several "spin-offs" (or however you want to call them) instead of a sequel is that originally those were designed as "NPC guards", with minimum lines.
Now since one of the 4 games will be focused on amazons, slavery, etc I'm thinking they could become secondary character but having much more space than originally planned :)
nolosk
Young scout

Post by nolosk »

Yessssss!!!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have them also already finished/colored, will post them when the time comes, they turned out good (beside those there are also more amazons variants including some older ones, etc)
nolosk
Young scout

Post by nolosk »

I'm so glad to hear we'll get to see more of the Amazons. As far as the cultures of Aravorn go, theirs were always the one that felt the most unique and interesting to me. All the more reason to get excited about the split!
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Havent posted anything in a while, most i was just too busy to follow updates here, in fact i just recently picked PS2 even true i had been waiting for it for years, and it was only now I read this news regarding Loren 2, and if you don't mind I have a few questions.

I really don't mind game being split into more parts than originally planned, in fact there is one VN I read a few mounts ago that that originally had 5 romance interest and than squeal is split into 5 new games each continuing a story from ending of one of romance interest. Additionally dev said he also plans to release something like a spin-off/DLC but as a separate game where he would add new romance interests that ware side characters in a original game. Honestly I thought this is a rety good idea as in the end there will be far more content than it would be possible to put in a single game, and it;s prety interesting that we are getting more of that game a lot more offten as each character will be getting a shorter game of it's own. Also I think this is probably a prety good marketing strategy in several ways.

That said I am a bit confused because you said Loren 2 won't be a sequel but a spin-off, I get how that could happen with new romance interest, but what about old ones? Will it not be a sequel of their romance but...? Could you give us a bit more detail about that? Will Elenor still be protagonist at all? I think most people would like to know more about it.

Also will one of those games be the first next one to come out in Aravorn universe? I really miss games in that universe.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes all the 4 games will have Saren/Elenor as protagonists, also because I have already all the art done for the romance CGs etc.
I say spin-off but you can call them episodes or whoever you want in practice they are 4 stories taking place after Loren's events, each one focused on a theme/setting, featuring Saren/Elenor and 2 old romances + 2 new romances.

The only sad news (for some players) is that because how I split the romances, the first game won't be LGBT but only have straight romances (which would be the first time for me). All the other 3 would have more LGBT romances than straight ones though. I am still looking into it but I don't think will manage to split them in any other way (it's compex since for example there's a game with amazons and slavery and obviously you want both Loren and Karen in it, etc).

I think the first COULD come out next year towards the end of it, but it's unlikely since I also need to finish Curse Of Mantras. However I have been working on other smaller games in that universe, I can't say much for now but there could be one surprise release :)

I'll make another blog post when I have decided on more stuff, maybe describing the cast and the theme of each game.
SirSlothMan
Young scout

Post by SirSlothMan »

Out of curiosity, could we play through say the first episode, enjoy its story, but not romance anyone? Like if we wanted to play through all the episodes but just romance Karen as Elenor or Loren as Saren in a single episode, while keeping a consistent canon story for everyone's own individual Elenor/Saren?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course since the main story is not impacted by the romance option. So if you want to remain loyal to only one character from the original cast you can.

BUT IT WILL BE HARD WITH SO MANY HOT GUYS AND GIRLS!!! :twisted: