The Characters of Loren 2

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
TheSilverKnight
Young scout

The Characters of Loren 2

Post by TheSilverKnight »

So, I'm writing this in the hopes of an answer - regarding two of the characters in Loren 2 that I'm not too sure about.
1) Samaras - upon seeing a full-body sketch of him in one of the other topics, I noticed that he had pointed fingernails. There are only a few characters in Loren that I remember having pointed fingernails... one of whom he bears a certain resemblance to. So, for clarification... is Samaras the son of Valery N'Mar? (I presume Zachary, too, but to be fair, I can't see much of him in Samaras.)
2) Torza - something that concerns me. I have seen a few people theorise that he is the Amazon Prince all grown up. Meaning, he is Saren and Loren's child, somehow come back from the future. However, if this is true, how does he come to be when Elenor is the player character?
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: The Characters of Loren 2

Post by jack1974 »

About 1, by mistake some time ago while posting a screenshot of the development doc, people saw the "Vampire" in his race. HOWEVER, things might be different! :wink: I won't say anything because would be a spoiler though.
Regarding 2, I can say that the theory is completely false. Torza is a secondary character, romanceable, but nothing more :)
TheSilverKnight
Young scout

Thanks for the speedy reply! Well, I assume by your answer for 1, I wasn't too far off; however, given my own attempts at writing, I can understand that things can change. And despite my thirst for Loren 2, I will just slake it by feeding off of Loren 1 for now. (I hate my life for trying to make these vampire puns...)
And your answer for 2 relieves me. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with letting Saren and Loren's son go into battle, let alone that Elenor could romance him. Though, his existence in an Elenor timeline would provide me an answer as to where Saren went.
Actually, could I just beg of you an answer to that, Jack? Where do Saren or Elenor go when the other is chosen?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Simply at one point in the story there are two main plot missions, and the player can only play one at time. The "other" mission (the one not chosen by the player) is automatically played by the alter-ego (the other main character). However we aren't planning to have any interactions between Saren/Elenor (it would feel weird I think!).
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:However we aren't planning to have any interactions between Saren/Elenor (it would feel weird I think!).
Why do ya say that, Jack? (I ask in complete sincerity. [Indeed, I think it might be pretty cool! :) ])
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Don't know, would be weird to me to have too many scenes with both :)
KagenNoTsuki
Young scout

Post by KagenNoTsuki »

jack1974 wrote:Simply at one point in the story there are two main plot missions, and the player can only play one at time. The "other" mission (the one not chosen by the player) is automatically played by the alter-ego (the other main character). However we aren't planning to have any interactions between Saren/Elenor (it would feel weird I think!).
Wait, do Saren and Eleanor both exist??? I thought it was like depending on which one you choose the other one ceases to exist.
TheSilverKnight
Young scout

Well... ah, this wasn't what I meant by my question. I was thinking more along the lines of in the original game, where they are presented to Loren by Breza. Oh, and thinking of Torza - who I now know has been redesigned and renamed (was it Nathir or Nathair? Either way, I'm pretty sure that it means snake) - will we be seeing our actual Amazon prince, or is he further down the line?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes name is Nathir. Currently is not planned to show any prince :) however things might change...
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

Haha Funny how my wild fantasy of time travelling Torza were taken as an actually thing.
I love time travel and had just replayed Chrono Trigger when we got the pictures through. Sorry I got everyone mixed up.