A short update on this (riot incoming! lol)

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: A short update on this (riot incoming! lol)

Post by jack1974 »

Hard to say now, but for gameplay I want it to be more similar to the first Loren, so more focused on characters interactions, camp talk. So story-wise should be bigger (that's also why is taking so long!).
I'll also probably allow unlimited grinding and so on, a more "casual" RPG aspect vs SOTW. Though I plan to still have a Hard/Nightmare mode which should be difficult enough :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

This is the new setup just to be clear:
The main problem was that in the old party there wasn't two healers (since this time you have much more freedom on the class you pick for your main hero). The current idea is to have Mesphit become a Healer, of course more like a battle-healer, a templar or some warden of sorts. That would fit with his atonement path :)

So in summary:
1) common beginning of the game up to a plot twist (which I won't reveal obviously :mrgreen:)
2) from point 1, Reign Of War story with new cast
3) from point 1, Reign Of Peace story with old cast

at beginning of game you'll be able to choose if you had an old romance, and continue it, but of course in particular in the Reign Of Peace (since the old cast won't be present in the first part). Or choose no previous romance and begin one with the new cast.

I hope now is all clear. As I said, last time I make a RPG game with continuing romances (well except PS2), is really a GIANT MESS :lol:
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Not really quite clear on that. Can I ditch my romance for Reign of War so I can get a romance and then resume it in Reign of Peace?
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

You can, the two games are separate.
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
fabulaparva
Elder Druid

Post by fabulaparva »

jack1974 wrote:This is the new setup just to be clear:
The main problem was that in the old party there wasn't two healers (since this time you have much more freedom on the class you pick for your main hero). The current idea is to have Mesphit become a Healer, of course more like a battle-healer, a templar or some warden of sorts. That would fit with his atonement path :)
The main problem is that there is no Hunter. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Anima_ wrote:You can, the two games are separate.
Yes the two parts are two parallel stories. I should have explained better this way: first COMMON part, then Reign Of War story, which is parallel to Reign Of Peace story. We'll do Reign Of War first, but once both are completed you'll be able to decide which one to play. In practice one party is sent to quest A, another to quest B, at same time. You as player will decide which one to join :)
Choklad
Young scout

Post by Choklad »

OK, so the two quests are going on simultaneously, but you are only partaking in one of them, because you can't be in two places at once. :mrgreen: So is quest B going on quitely somewhere else while Saren/Elenor is doing quest A, or does quest B never happen if you choose quest A? I. e. is it more like "choose which task you want to do personally and leave the other one to someone else" or "choose which task you want to do and hope that the other problem will fix itself?" :mrgreen:

Or maybe it's more about which solution you prefer - the world's in chaos, you can solve it with either quest A or quest B.
Last edited by Choklad on Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Choklad wrote: Or maybe it's more about which solution you prefer - the world's in chaos, you can solve it with either quest A or quest B.
Without giving away any spoilers, let's say that there are two big quests that are both crucial to the player (both as Amazon and as "good guys vs evil demons") and must be done ASAP. This is one of those cases in which can be said "alternate reality": player might join group A or group B. In the "canon ending", both parties were successful in their endeavors of course. Otherwise the whole Aravorn would be turned into a big mess! :mrgreen:
Thedefdref
Young scout

Post by Thedefdref »

So Samaras has the Vampire Specialization that means he is a Vampire right? If you go in a relationship withm him can he ''change'' Saren/Elenor in a Vampire as well? :mrgreen: ( I hope you understand my bad english :oops: )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

That design doc is not up to date :) He *might* be a vampire but also some other thing... a werewolf, a demon, or something else :wink: