Elenor romance sneak peek

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Elenor romance sneak peek

Post by jack1974 »

For Heileen, artist wasn't comfortable drawing kissing girls... but from now on I am making sure that artist have no problems drawing what I need (and what people want) in my games 8)
(there are still many scenes not kissing but is in general even for Saren Is random, I didn't plan anything on purpose, I just decided to leave more freedom to the artist).
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

I understand. Hopefully in the future we'll see full romance endings for GxG or BxB romances too.

They seem to be very popular around here!
at-a-glance
Young scout

Post by at-a-glance »

Can somebody explain why all the guys are grabbing Elenor from behind? She looks like she's enjoying it, but still . . . manners. :oops:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

LOL! Well, no, not in all scenes, and in many is not really behind but beside, I think the small close-up in many cases is misleading. For Chambara's scene instead no, is exactly as you said :lol:
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

And we all know that Chamby is a "Shape Changer" ..... :P (what you think now is your own doing. I did not intend to post something weird :D)
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
krisslanza
Young scout

Post by krisslanza »

On the topic of kissing, it does seem pretty rare in yuri to actually show "on-screen" kissing. A lot of things just imply it via a SFX, or a cut away just before the lips touch...

Aaaaagh, I just can't wait for this! Waiting is such sweet, sweet suffering.
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Krisslanza, it's what TV Tropes calls 'Discount Lesbians' or 'Hide Your Gays'. A lot of games or shows fear an anti-gay backlash so they stop at showing actual gay or lesbian behaviour, preferring to just imply it. The idea is that the straight relationships are red-blooded, but the gay or lesbian ones are 'just friends'.

That's why kissing is important. They can't show full-on sex for the most part, obviously, but kissing is a sexual thing that is okay to show, or do with your clothes on, and clearly shows that the characters are a couple and are not 'friends'.

Helieen in particular suffered from this, but in Celso Riva's defence, he says that was down to the artist not wanting to draw it, and in future he will try to get artists who don't mind portraying gay or lesbian lovers.

Thankfully, this is becoming less usual these days. Games like Mass Effect and Dragon Age are happy to show full-on kissing. Winter Wolves and Bioware in particular seem very committed to portraying great gay or lesbian relationships.
Eriktk
Young scout

Post by Eriktk »

Having played the Heileen games, it made some sense to me personally why the Yuri cut scene were tamer than the straight ones. 17th century englishmen werent exactly
known for their progressive views on gay issues, so imagining Heileen tonguing females like it was the most natural thing in the world would strike me as very unrealistic. The more subtle, sensual imagery fitted better imo, at the very start of a relationship that by that age was considered extremely taboo.

However, had this been happening in a fantasy setting where historical accuracy were irrelevant, it would be different.
DunKalar
Woods ranger

Post by DunKalar »

Yea it is sad that many people / artists habe problems with two people of the same sex kissing. But I think the society is on a stable way to accept the difference of people :-)

I think it would really increase the gaming experience for a majority of the players if two girls or boys are kissing if I read the thread where jack asked for the preferred romancing options. And as we figured out in another post, romancing is a vital part of this game ;-) (yea just smashing monsters is too old school and boring ;-D nowadays)
#ChambarasArmy #ChalassasFreedomFighters
Maelora
Woods ranger

Post by Maelora »

Eriktk wrote: However, had this been happening in a fantasy setting where historical accuracy were irrelevant, it would be different.
Because yeah, talking cats and magic cards are soooo realistic...!

The lack of kissing had nothing to do with all that, and everything to do with the fact the artist didn't want to draw it.

Jack says future artists won't be allowed to be so picky; they'll have to draw what he wants for the game.

Internet gossip says it's the same deal with the Tali romance for FemShep in Mass Effect. There's a rumour the voice actress Liz Sroka didn't want to record the lesbian romance lines, which is why Tali is a male-only romance.