Loren 2 romances

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
krisslanza
Young scout

Re: Loren 2 romances

Post by krisslanza »

I think I see what you mean. As only a few of the romances (i.e. for me Jul and Selith) are actually "new". The rest would be carry overs, where they've already been "romanced". So rather then it being about starting a relationship, it'll be about maintaining one. Which is pretty different, and something I've never actually written myself...
I can totally write you one Aleema. Although, I confess, I'm really only good at writing girls usually...
thesleepykitten
Official writer

Post by thesleepykitten »

Aleema wrote:There should definitely be some obstacles and things left to learn, but I don't want to force each romance to start from scratch really. So I'd rather write a couple romantic scenes between the lovers than force drama on them all and give myself a ton of work.

So while all romances will be getting a CG and due attention, right now I'm not holding the same "weight" for past relationships as I am for the new ones. So I don't really see it as writing 16 romances, if that makes sense.
That makes sense. (I think they went through a lot of hurdles in the first game already ^^; )

Plus I've seen or played too many movies/shows/games where the relationship seems to hit a 'reset' button or goes back to ambiguous. It would be nice to see a stronger bond between lovers. I think it would be rather sweet to see the main character being supported by his/her significant other - and vice versa - during the events of the sequel.

(So picking Rei first. <3 )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes indeed, doing 16 full romances would really take too much and would make no sense that they suddenly are "reset" and they start from zero again... "oh hi what's your name? Rei?" and so on :lol:
Those who want to see the romance of the previous characters can play the first game after all, the focus in the writing should be about the new ones :)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

That does make sense, and being able to see a continuation of the previous characters relationship, is something that's not seen often enough, where the conclusion is them getting together and generally ends there. So even with the writing having most of the focus on the new characters blossoming romances, it'll still be good to see what happens after the 'happily ever after' so to speak for our returning hero or heroine.
MarSel
Druid

Post by MarSel »

I like the covered eye myself, it looks strange to me having her eye popping through the hair.

Happy Birthday Aleema and belated Birthdays to Krisslanza and Sylrissa

I think it's a great idea to see growing bonds from the previous lovers.... All together Awwww :oops:

Ok so out of the new characters we have :
Nook = Shaman, human?? Tribal??
Selith = Half Lizard/elf, class warrior?
Samaras = ???? Mage?
Odurat = Elf? Demon? Dark elf? Class?
Lydia = Elf, cool :) Class Mage/Healer?
Torza = Amazon? Human?
Spoiler:
Son of Loren and Saren from an altenate future???? Cool??
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Will answer only some of those... :wink:
Selith= Thief, but she kicks-asses (will have some unique skills)
Nook=yes kind of shaman. He'll be a good healer
Samaras=Warrior... sort of human :lol:
Odurat=if you could see his smile/laugh face, you'd understand his race immediately! He's a healer too, but a sort of hybrid healer/fighter
Lydia=Healer again!
Torza=human paladin. When I'll post his fullbody image (sexy version) with naked chest I think people will like it :wink:
Nightsnow
Young scout

Post by Nightsnow »

I can't see Elenors side of the chart, is that on purpose?

Never mind, just quoted it and stole the picture link. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The image is quite large, I didn't want to shrink it too much :) so depending on your screen size it might be cut indeed!
biscuit
Woods ranger

Post by biscuit »

Looks interesting. I understand why the new romances would get more writing, but I still really want some 'maintenance' or just lovey scenes, or where your SO supports your decisions if things go pie-shaped in, say, negotiations...

...though admittedly, Chambara trying to help you during a tense diplomatic scene might not work very well. O_o;;

I like seeing the WIPs though.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Aleema and I haven't talked about this yet but I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of short sentences (like in the first game) that changes based on your current romance. What Aleema meant is that she's not going to write again the full "fall in love" thing, but there will still be scenes like those you describe.
About Chambara, heh maybe some characters will change attitudes in the sequel. Mesphit will change quite a bit for example... :wink: