Loren: The Sequel

Forum for the upcoming Loren Amazon Princess sequel
gamesempie
Young scout

Re: Loren: The Sequel

Post by gamesempie » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:38 pm

What torture showing us this if that's the first attempt I have sky high hopes for the game. Go MrEnvy8 go this is an awesome start I just hope SOTW lives up to everyone's hopes and distracts us all from the long wait we still have.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:42 am

Having read Chambara's intro, still as good :mrgreen: as for SOTW I am quite confident about it too.

You might remember from Roommates threads, that MrEnvy used to put temporary crazy text placeholders for scenes yet to write. This is the placeholder for Draco's intro:
dr "I'ma magic man, lemme magic atcha!"
dude "SURE THING!"
dr "Woops, misfire"
dude "COMIC MISUNDERSTANDING"
"And then a bar brawl occurred.
seems a very likely start :lol:

canyonaz
Young scout

Post by canyonaz » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:40 am

jack1974 wrote:Having read Chambara's intro, still as good :mrgreen: as for SOTW I am quite confident about it too.

You might remember from Roommates threads, that MrEnvy used to put temporary crazy text placeholders for scenes yet to write. This is the placeholder for Draco's intro:
dr "I'ma magic man, lemme magic atcha!"
dude "SURE THING!"
dr "Woops, misfire"
dude "COMIC MISUNDERSTANDING"
"And then a bar brawl occurred.
seems a very likely start :lol:
I laughed even without the real dialogue. The game is in good hands.

OtterFace
Young scout

Post by OtterFace » Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:55 pm

This is shaping up really nicely!

Go Mr.Envy! Go!

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:59 am

Haha just read the final text of Draco romance intro and I can't stop laughing.
But I really should make a collection of MrEnvy temporary texts, because they're too fun. This for example is in Myrth romance intro:
myr "We should at least attempt to reason with them. I will subdue them."
"Saren frowned, but nodded. It seemed unlikely these poachers would submit so easily, but it was worth a chance to let Myrth try."
"And then Myrth subdued them by stomping them all flat with trees. They were the most subdued dead people around. The end."
ROFL :lol:

Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:17 am

This is too good not to use it in the final version. :twisted:

Edit: Or, if this is not wanted for any reason, copy these temporary texts into a word file, and make it part of the bonus pack.
Last edited by Lonestar51 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:19 am

Haha Loren 2: Comedy Version. Could outsell the regular story :lol:

Nemesis
Young scout

Post by Nemesis » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:57 pm

I'm going to necro this thread because I'm curious to know how far along this game is. I know you're busy with SOTW, but I'm really looking forward to continuing Elenor's story. Also I would totally pay for a comedy version.

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:39 pm

Well didn't had any updates from writer since that post. Coder made some design progresses but still small stuff. I think at this point after SOTW the next RPG might be Roger Steel maybe in 2016, and for Loren 2 I honestly have no clue. Might even be 2018 :lol: I'm going to stop completely trying to come up with guess dates since is pointless, they're never met anyway for a reason or another.
Also I've realized that making 1 rpg a year like I wanted to do is a total madness, considering other indies make one every 2-3 years and unlike me don't do anything else (other VN/dating sim games etc). So don't expect more than 1 RPG every 2 years from now on in any case, sorry :mrgreen:

ValHallen
Druid

Post by ValHallen » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:07 pm

jack1974 wrote:Well didn't had any updates from writer since that post. Coder made some design progresses but still small stuff. I think at this point after SOTW the next RPG might be Roger Steel maybe in 2016, and for Loren 2 I honestly have no clue. Might even be 2018 :lol: I'm going to stop completely trying to come up with guess dates since is pointless, they're never met anyway for a reason or another.
Also I've realized that making 1 rpg a year like I wanted to do is a total madness, considering other indies make one every 2-3 years and unlike me don't do anything else (other VN/dating sim games etc). So don't expect more than 1 RPG every 2 years from now on in any case, sorry :mrgreen:
holy sh**!!! does this mean PS2 will be only released in 2020? i cant wait that long....
and what games do you plan to release on 2015 Jack?