TOA: An Elven Marriage dev thread

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: TOA: An Elven Marriage dev thread

Post by jack1974 »

For those worried that I am delaying this game because of the new KS... fear not! The thing is, I realized that there would be a big gap of releases because this game needs at least another 6 months of development, and meanwhile I will write the Beastmaster Princess and still keep working on this, but this way I'll have a new release.
Working full-time on a single game and release it like I did for Planet Stronghold 2 is a complete commercial suicide. I cannot afford to release no games or even just 1 in a year. Must be at least 2 :shock:

Today added the item levels display directly in the inventory so it's easier to understand what to equip:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Finished entering over 250 items today... 90 of weapons have also skill, including a few custom one (not reused from normal battle skills). I hope it will be worth it :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

new beautiful location added!
I'm working on this game every time I have the chance. Once the KS is over I'll also need to work on Beastmaster Princess obviously, but I plan to still have time to keep going on this one as well. Both games should be out next year 8)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Script is currenly at 135k, most of the romance routes are done and also main plot, but there are still a few key scenes missing, and I need to playtest about 1/3 of the game. It could probably be ready Q2 though (the beta).
Winkie22
Young scout

Post by Winkie22 »

is there gonna be a kickstarter?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Not sure yet, I could do it to have a sort of pre-order, we'll see :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today was starting to feel a bit burned out, but it's a good sign since means I'm in the final stages.
Started this in October 2020, then paused for the various smaller games (Hazel, At Your Feet) then worked a bit in 2021 as well but most of that year was spend doing Curse Of Mantras. Then last year started working on it almost full time from March to June, then After Midnight, and from September/October 2022 until today.
So hard to say how long this one is in development. I believe that without a complex game like Curse Of Mantras in the middle, it could have been done last year.
Maybe then 1 of these big RPG every 2 years from now on could be possible...
Winkie22
Young scout

Post by Winkie22 »

any update on how this is going to be released beta? kick? steam?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think if all goes well I'll release Save the World in June, and likely do a KS for this game around same month, and have a beta (with full content, if you play in VN mode could be almost final game) in the Summer. Then I have no clue how long the beta will last, for PS2 it was relatively "quick" considering the huge game. This game will be simpler but still a RPG so I think 2 months of beta will be needed. So Steam could be in September, if all goes well!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So, it seems possible that indeed I'll release Save the World next month, if artists manage to deliver the last missing art in time (really not much left!).
I am not sure about An Elven Marriage in September even if I am at good point, I am starting to feel burn-out :lol: maybe a good KS campaign will give me some more motivation to finish it!

I am designing the KS right now, but unsure if to offer a reward similar to the Curse Of Mantras exclusive cards. I'd like to offer something, like a set of armor/weapons, but it would need to be done using an external file like for Mantras and don't know if people liked that or not...?