TOA: An Elven Marriage dev thread

Forum for the Loren Amazon Princess spin-off games
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: TOA: An Elven Marriage dev thread

Post by jack1974 »

So I might have finally found an artist to add the new Saren/Nathir and Elenor/Lydia romance CGs, which means that this game could have at least 1 homosexual romance :)
(from the overall story point of view if Nathir/Lydia were straight or homosexual didn't change anything)
Obviously Rei and Myrth will remain straight instead, since they were in the first game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Happy to be updating this info screen with 1 gay/lesbian romance at least :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I'm also adding some starting gifts to the job/professions. I think it makes everything more fun, getting a healing spell as warrior, or increase the XP you get (for the grindy fanatics :lol:) or base resistances to build the ultimate tank character.

I'm now embracing the philosophy of "fuck balancing" and making things that are fun. As long as the unbalance doesn't mean you can one-shot bosses, it's OK :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

taking a break from CoM, to work some more on this game. I had to fix a lot of old code done by Aleema (she did a great job with all those outfits, but wasn't working well with latest Ren'Py versions).
Anyway now they seem to work fine! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Character creation power! Added a randomize button and it's fun to use :)
It's a WIP, indeed I plan to redo all the skill icons for example.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Making good progress: added the possibility to instantly sell non-unique items (so all the garbage you get in the fights in practice lol). Saves time to go to the vendor and less cluttering in the inventory.
In general though I'm not going to go in the same direction as PS2, so not 100s randomized items :lol: but less hand-crafted items together with more common things.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

here's Gruff. I wanted someone who is involuntarily funny as Draco, but different. I think we're off to a good start lol
ilego1
Young scout

Post by ilego1 »

@jack1974 I wanted to saw that I seen many reviews and comments, not to mention the market price for items from some of your games, I can tell you with almost absolute certainty (apologies if this not doesn’t sound like a compliment cause it is a Compliment) a few things: The Universe this game is based on does really well, that being said it does set high bars to beat (if you care about that sort of thing) because like anything really good it will usually always be compared to the original or most commonly known one as was cause with Windows XP. So in closing I am excited for this game no matter what and while I hope Loren 2 gets released soon I don’t want hype to blow it if u know what I mean.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, except that Loren 2 doesn't exist anymore, so it will never get released :D
You missed my blog post probably: https://www.winterwolves.net/blog/2020/07/
ilego1
Young scout

Post by ilego1 »

That is fine my point was that the universe u made from the game is what sells so that is bad news at all! It would be cool if we could see what that area looks like after the events of Loren. By that I mean either a new protagonist or old one goes there for one reason or another and while the game doesn’t have to be set there or even add them as party members it be cool to at least what happened sense then (depending on how long it’s been since then because cursed lands was prequel kind of and TOA: SOTW was a sequel, I guess, based on what a character says about Loren and her companions defeating a linch king I think) now don’t get me wrong I would love to have some of them as temporary party members or even secondary characters. But as with any game based in a single universe u eventually encounter timeline inconsistencies or how to say this…bluntly…I can’t exactly so i say it as short as possible: you have 4 games: A B C D ; A is beginning B is Loren D is sequel but C comes before D but after B even though D is set on different area. U following? So to end with my previous continuous message if u want to do more in this universe there will come a time, possibly, when the cast will meet. How much, often, and result of that remains to be seen.