A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm

Best overall endings?

You may select up to 2 options

View results

Madance
Druid

Re: Best overall endings?

Post by Madance »

Alex81 wrote:"and my favorite romance cg is definitely the Ruby Light+ bedroom scene. :give_heart: Runner-up is Ruby putting the bite on Amber in Ruby Dark, but my ranking may drop if after I play the game I discover that she drained Amber dry and didn't at least turn her" :D Totally agree here, but ...I need see -all- the endings before I really vote

>_> Remind me to head to Deviantart to order a vampire Amber with Ruby sooon -> That's totally a very real plan :D

PLEASE SHARE WITH US THIS PRECIOUS SIGHT IF YOU DO ORDER IT!! I WILL DO IT AS WELL SO WE CAN HAVE DOUBLE!

On other note, I agree with you. The romance CG in Ruby Light+ is so romantic and cute... Although, the Ruby Dark+ is so very hot( :mrgreen: ). I have a headcanon that she would eventually turn her, but my favorite ending is the Ruby Dark, even if the romance CG isn't as romantic or sexy as the others...
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

:) Ruby - Dark -

I am ...speechless ^^ I loved -every- second of this game so far. So many great endings. (I loved the Cosmina/Reed one too, as it was the most classic fairy-tale one) But ..... - That - Ruby ending? :) Utterly utterly satisfying.
You know what? I -loved- the artwork long before Amber's Magic Shop was finished, she's to date my favourite WW character. (and that' saying, I love -most- all your games so far). The conversations remain light (no giant walls of text) but it suits the game, as there is so much to go through.
Three hours of play today (VN 'cause I -needed- to see Ruby's romance and I'm not always very patient)

I'll be playing this for a long time to come, I'm enjoying the game, the potion making, and more than anything, the characters.
The artwork is.... you -know- how much people loved Shiver's work in the past, it's what I would want -so- many more games to look like.
The animation, the music, I could go on. I did not set out to write a review now, but it's hard not to share a little of how much i love this game. (even with hours of dungeoneering and d'venturing) .

I hope this outsells everything you've done to date. In my mind, it deserves it. (even if I -highly- enjoyed Loren (near perfect), Seasons of the Wolf (:( romances?+++), Queen of Thieves (so many options), even Heirs and Graces ('cause -terrific writing), Roomates ('cause fun, and -such- a happy atmosphere), C14 (loved the arts and characters), Nicole ('cause, fantastic written characters, and art, and music), mmh, did I mention Love and Order (again fantastic art loved the setting), Planet Stronghold (fun characters, fun rpg), the Heileens (especially 3rd), Spirited Heart (discovered it shortly after Cute Knight - Hanako originally sent me), in short? Winterwolves, you make great games, a lot of people enjoy.
Amber my favourite one to date. There, enough praise for now :) Have to save some for an actual review

Only two comments on the in game text (and one little weird change of attire mid-scene)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, glad you liked it! :)
What was the change of attire mid-scene? do you remember where it was?
Alex81
Woods ranger

Post by Alex81 »

I'll have to hop ingame again to check, but it was the first dungeon you went into with Cosmina/Reed, as you were talking (first part of the scene) suddenly -and very quickly her suit changed ( I think it was from the vest you used for Ruby, to the new red dress Cosmina gave you)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK thanks will take a look. It's a very minor thing but since Friday I'll send out newsletter and stuff I'd prefer to fix that before :)
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

As far as happy endings, Daniel's light + was incredibly cute. Making out in a window while time is stopped? I really didnt even like Daniel overall.
Until the very end of his path, there just seemed to be NO attraction there at all, not emotionally or physically, but his ending was worth the awkward courtship.

Both of Ruby's dark endings were really good.

Lair's dark ending was nice and dramatic.
Cosmina's light ending was adorable. Also her pinup is hot. *.*
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cosmina and Vin pin-ups are my favorites :)
leogrl19
Young scout

Post by leogrl19 »

I've finished all the ladies' routes/their respective endings! I can contribute!

I'm going to answer this question from a writer's perspective(i.e. which ending had the most potential); that's my definition of 'best':
Cosmina/Reed: Light+, Light, and Dark + endings; Ruby: Light +; Lynn(Can I just say how much I LOVE, her full name? It's a beaut): Dark +
Spoiler:
I'm usually not a fan of 'fairytale' ending(UNLESS earned), but I don't particularly see Cos and Reed's L+, as one. I'm always looking a step ahead: Yes, Amber gets to be with the ones she loves, yet becoming a princess and marrying two future rulers, doesn't mean easy street. I love the idea of Amber having to balance this unknown world of political intrigue, others' expectations with her new role, and sharing her lovers with the populace and their obligations.
The Light ending is just ALL potential, and I LOVE that: Cosmina and Amber, traveling the world, trying to find a successful cure. I mean, a spin-off, could be made from that premise, alone. It was also, unexpected -- I wouldn't have suspected the cure to have no effect or Cosmina to leave Icesilia, or Amber to go with her. The CG also made me, inordinately happy; I could practically HEAR: 'As long as I have this hand, I'll never lose hope'. Uncertain futures with loved ones, get me every time--because nothing is certain.
Dark +: I love realistic, 'bad' endings. Sometimes, it doesn't work out. How FUN, that the king dies and Amber's banished! Well, not 'fun', but interesting! The idea, of an emotionally distant Queen Cosmina finding a bitter and hardened Amber, and them, making up for years lost, leaves me all aquiver~

Ruby Light +: As everyone else wrote: 'TIS SWEEEET. I'm a sucker for a well-placed 'I love you'. And that bedroom CG, MADE IT. (Though, I will ALWAYS be about that vampire lovin'. :twisted:)

Lynn Dark +: Two words: POWER COUPLEEEEEE~ (And, when our powers COMBINE...)
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

I also want to go on the record here and say this dating sim iteration is by far one of my favorites of yours. Better than the heileens and your other stat-raising sims.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, do you mean for the setting/characters or something else?