A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm

Best overall endings?

You may select up to 2 options

View results

Katicflis
Young scout

Re: Best overall endings?

Post by Katicflis »

I actually went through everyone and got every ending. Even in Loren where I thought the relationships were fan-damn-tastic and the art was beautiful, I skipped out on a couple endings. But with Amber I loved playing the game legitimately the first couple times around, then using the VN mode to catch the stuff I missed. I found the varied ending possibilities to be intriguing and that the game wasnt a simple "yes you got the guy" or "no you didnt" ...

I also love the fact that not all 'dark' endings meant you simply didnt get your guy, and not all 'light' endings entailed getting a happy marriage. The game was a good mix of 'fun to see the endings' yet 'not too difficult to obtain them' and so I felt like I enjoyed ALL of the content and got a complete experience.
Katicflis
Young scout

Post by Katicflis »

Its not necessarily 'the writing was way better' ... It's basically the format really worked for me instead of a 'pass/fail' dating sim.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Ah yes. Indeed I am trying to move away from the pass/fail system, though in certain situations it's not always possible (depends on the story).