the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by jack1974 »

So, first of all let me say one thing: Forsaken had to use existing CG images while writing the story, done YEARS ago, so it's not her "fault" or idea. The game storyboard was made back in... 2011, and the art was done around same time.

OK now that we got this straight, as you might have noticed this game has a lot of "polygamy endings". Which is fine, since I never had any of them in my games, and as you know I like to TRY making everyone happy. I was sure that someone wouldn't like it. But I was sure that many people wouldn't have liked Heirs & Graces just because it's yaoi, etc. It was OK, I knew this.

Don't read below if you don't want to spoil the fun of discovering the game endings!!
Spoiler:
The main issue for me is: polygamy is present only in the yuri routes. It's something that nowadays I wouldn't make, but we're talking about FOUR YEARS ago (and the storyboard is even of 2011!!). Remember also that the original story had only Ruby as yuri path. How times have changed, nowadays I would rather have 3 yuri and 1 otome than the opposite :mrgreen:

Anyways, as someone else posted: http://winterwolves.net/viewtopic.php?f ... 090#p42089
It's a bit of a "sudden", and if anyone has a suggestion on how to make it work better, I'm all ears :) I mean, you know from the start that Amber likes both men and women, so it's not really "a surprise" (even if you could argue that not everyone bisexual is also a fan of threesomes !! :lol: but this is another topic). However I also understand, as that poster said, that someone who wants only a yuri path might not like those endings.
Doing more art is not possible (the game has already 24 CGs + 12 pin-up images + 2 in-game CG = insane amount of CGs!!) however, there could be a choice button at end of Cosmina and Lynn's romances to accept or not the offer? or have a different endings (text only) ? That wouldn't be a problem to add, even if there wouldn't be any extra art.
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by jack1974 »

Well I think I made my decision already.
Spoiler:
I'm going to offer some alternate endings for Cosmina and Lynn light plus endings, a menu choice, so those who liked the polygamy endings can still get them. I will even try to ask some other artist if they can make another version of the ending CGs so that only Amber and Cosmina/Lynn would be present.

Apologies to yuri fans, and obviously this is something that I would never do anymore if I made the game today.
eagle 917
Young scout

Post by eagle 917 »

Wow, I never expected such a quick response! As I said, I didn't mean to bash the game. I highly enjoyed it! I understand how impossible it is to please everyone. I knew there would be polygamy endings, that they were present didn't surprise me. What did was how they were delivered.
Spoiler:
I just didn't think the polygamy would be forced. I thought you would have to purposefully go after it. I think just a simple dialogue option to say no to the polygamy would be good enough. I understand how hard it might be to write in all new endings at this point. New written endings combined with new CG endings would literally blow my mind, :shock: ha ha.
I still think it's incredible how quickly you responded and how seriously you took it. Nice to know some devs out there still listen to their fans, even the whiny ones :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I was so fast because today had no particularly big bug reports :mrgreen:

Jokes apart, it was something I noticed myself already while playtesting. So I was just waiting to get feedback from players but I already had my own doubts about it. Once again it's not Forsaken's fault, but the mistake was done years ago during the "planning stage". Of course at those times I couldn't know that the game would have been out 5+ years later, and the artist not available anymore :)
Anyways, new optional text endings shouldn't be a problem.
Spoiler:
For the CGs I only meant to modify the existing ones to show only the two girls, not completely new ones :)
eagle 917
Young scout

Post by eagle 917 »

In reality I think my biggest problem is just;
Spoiler:
I don't want to share Lyn or Cosmina with anyone else!...maybe Ruby, Ha ha. Even just edited CG's are still an amazing change!
Looks like I have even more reasons to replay the game later! :) Looking forward to the changes! And all the future releases, ha ha.
OneTrueBaldo
Young scout

Post by OneTrueBaldo »

jack1974 wrote:How times have changed...
Huuh, don't say that, I'm feeling an old geezer again! :lol: But this remembers me of what happened to several japanese h-games I played long ago when the sensibilities/customs/laws changed: CGs deleted and/or edited, game titles modified, entire games removed from sale, etc. etc. ... AND I HATED THIS!!! :evil:
I'm OK with your "I'm going to offer some alternate endings" idea, but please keep the original CGs and 'poligamy' (that's the name for harem endings, nowadays? :wink: ) stories somewhere in the game, (Warning: politically INCORRECT opinion ahead!)
Spoiler:
usually I think LGBT in general is a big mistake, but I hate censorship more.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Of course, I'm not going to REMOVE anything from the game: just ADD some extra possibilities :wink:
I'm doing this because I feel it's not fair how it's done currently, and also it should be a simple change to do, so I'm willing to do it :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

These extras, Jack--we won't have to pay more for them or anything, right? (I get if we have to, though I'd rather not.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No, nothing extra to pay :)
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

Happy to pay more here....I also agree with Baldo, I hate censorship and the more endings the merrier I say! (Unless you make a sequel then I feel your pain XD). In the end, it is about the overall vision of the author and does it make sense for the story?

With that said, if I am playing the yuri only version of the game....it would be a huge put off.