Re: the polygamy thread (SPOILERS!!!!)

Post by KagenNoTsuki »

Beardy Bro wrote:just make next game yuri harem and we'll call it even :gamer:
I second this. :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No harem in sight, though I was counting and there are 3 yuri only dating sim in progress plus almost all future games will have a yuri option, so... :)
Sylrissa
Druid

Post by Sylrissa »

I don't have any major problems with the Cosmina&Reed poly route as I think it was actually handled rather well, with a few issues here and there, but nothings perfect, overall I found myself enjoying that was a surprising amount!

My main complaints are with the Lynn&Lair one and how it just felt very uncomfortable to me and left a bad taste. Previous posters have pointed it out quite well.
(Not blaming forsaken AT ALL, as I know it wasn't her fault and she did the best possible work with a bad situation, taking over from another writer is never an easy task, and considering the circumstance did a commendable job! )
Last edited by Sylrissa on Sun May 21, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leogrl19
Young scout

Post by leogrl19 »

So, I officially, bought Amber's yesterday, and very good, Jack/everyone involved! Played the demo, first, and was immediately hooked. An aside, but I have to say, I was so IMPRESSED with the level of characterization of the 3 romanceable chicas (Cosmina, Ruby, Lynn); they were all, such interesting, women--and being the yuri lover I am--I was so happy with the opportunity to know them. I also loved that each of them had a healthy possession of their own sexuality -- even Lynn, who was the 'bashful' type. :wink:

Reading through this thread, I agree with a lot of the other posters: I do feel like the Lynn L+ romance did end on a sour note, even with the clear distinction of Lair and Amber having no feelings for each other. I won't rehash, but that was the biggest reason it left a bad taste, personally; I don't mind poly ships in the slightest, if the chemistry is there, but when two of the characters, so obviously, don't have any romantic inclinations toward one another, it feels very much, like a 'third wheel' situation and extraordinarily uncomfortable. It's not so much the distinction of both Lair and Amber, having Lynn in their own way, but that it cheapens all their relationships, because it feels like Lynn is on loan. I haven't played through all of Lynn's endings, but from what I've read, there's one where Amber can have her to herself, so that's lovely, but I just wanted to give a(hopefully) constructive critique on that.

As for Cosmina & Reed poly route, I truly enjoyed it! Again, haven't played all the endings, but it's my favorite, by far; that chemistry, I mentioned, was definitely there, and all three's banter was really wonderful. I didn't have a problem, with the 2 being a package deal(although, I WILL ADMIT, DARNIT, I'd TOTES go for a Cosmina only route); their feelings were so genuine, and I truly got the vibe, even without backstory, BOTH, Cos and Reed accepted Amber as a person they could trust in a political and often, harsh, environment fraught with betrayal and repressed emotion. The only thing I'll add(because I've seen no mention of it), is, thinking it would have added more depth and overall 'smoothness', if there were more solo Reed interactions.
I get it: It's hard out there for a royal, and it was completely plausible that they couldn't leave the palace, often. But, I so, cherished EVERY moment I got with Cosmina, alone; it would have been nice to learn a little more about Reed and what he was about. I don't know if there was a way you could get him for the date event? I saw mention of that, but no clue.
I also would have liked the possibility of having solo intimate encounters -- even if, only in writing. I think the threesome was well done(though I could see why some would think Amber just jumping into it would be a little OOC), but what I think people don't really get to see with poly relationships, is the interaction between just two of the 3(+) members. It doesn't make the relationship, any less poly, in my opinion, if you have a scene with Cos and Amber lovingly kissing in the gardens or Amber and Reed smooching in her alchemist workshop while he helps her prepare a potion. Naturally, time/budget/LIFE constraints, so I hope you don't see that as a criticism; more a wistful longing. Also, as a poster previously wrote: PERFECT fodder for fanfic! Be on the lookout for some Cos/Reed/Amber, oneshots in the future~
Solvus
Young scout

Post by Solvus »

Spoiler:
Well I have finally got time to play the game, not all the endings complete mostly ladies routes.

I have to say if I find an adorable couple being together, there is no way I'm ever going to disturb that, I become the cupid/matchmaker and cheer them on! Example, you know Mass Effect, Garrus and Tali, I was totally going to romance Garrus for his voice and quirky frailing flirting *cough the rare moments I go out with guy characters, but he was a hot alien dude, does that still count lol :lol: *. Then I saw a video playthrough of Garrus and Tali getting together if male/female shep don't go out with them...LIKE THEY ARE SO CUUUUUTTTE. Their interactions with each other was so endearing, adorable, and they complement each other so well, I went back and became single Shepard. I love you Garrus, but I love you more with Tali! :)

I did the same thing with "Cosmina and Reed" and "Lair and Lynn" When I see couples already hook up or pinning for each other, I can't consider them a romance option at all. I'm totally cheering for them at that moment not wanting to break them up at all by being the plus one or wrecking ball. I know there is the "join" part but not my style, I become the cheer squad for them. Cosmina and Reed situation, like I feel for them and want to help them out as a couple and curing the King (although I didn't appreciate them doing sex on my bed like ew I sleep there, you're my guests this is not a love hotel also not getting the option to walk away at that moment, like again ew I totally did not want to join in at alllllllll :evil: ) Lair and Lynn the odd start yet meant to be together in the end, I so wanna prank them cuz their reactions would be so cute, help them achieve their dreams and figure out Lair's father problem.

Despite they are romance options, they aren't anymore when they become a couple at some point in time(in my mind to me) so it cuts the romance down to only 3 options: 2 guys 1 girl. And I only go play lady routes :P

Though it was weird how Lair was so into younger Amber but no longer feels same with Lynn light+ route, were you using Amber for rebellious reasons, don't you play with my Amber's heart, I will draw on your face :twisted:

I'm kinda sad :oops: you can help only one when you choose one route, curing the king, curing vampirism, and anything else I haven't read yet. It would have been nice to at least have them as side quest cuz they're still my friends and I wanna help them even if I'm not "dating" them.

It was weird when it was time to "narrow" the love choice mentions that you were dating all of them at once, like when did that happen, those 2 years of growing up?? How can your dating companions all be so chill that you're dating that many people at once. In the moment felt like I was named a "player" of love, I felt so guilty, confused, and what the heck happen? Aka multiple dating feels like cheating even if the parties are aware. I'm a one on one person, I'd hate to divide my attention that would neglect another, wahhh :cry: Just a really weird feeling when that happen

Overall I think I would like to have a fifth option and just be their friend/super alchemist that save them and the world! I mean we already can save the world or let it rot :twisted: but I'm okay skipping the romance part, it has a really good story. I know I know it's a dating/crafting sim, but hey friendships are great too, we can still be friends, no need to flirt, I still wanna talk to yooouuuuu :o