Amber Full Beta 1.0.1

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.8.0

Post by Franka » Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Note how Metalworking once again is far, far behind. There are issues with that skill.

Very few early recipes.

Ore is almost never in stock in any of the stores.

Crafting takes longer than similar items from other skills, meaning you can only do 2 crafts vs. 3 in other skills in the same amount of time (or at least so it seemed).

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Franka wrote:Ah, so that's why I've never been able to study Enchanting. Yep, I haven't done any studying, just crafting. I'm fine without the level skill cap, you just need to update the description if you keep it like that.
Yes I think will just update the description :)
SimonStardust wrote:Anyway... 5 minutes into the game... and right during the tutorial when I try to click the scroll icon, this happens:
Grr it's probably one of the last changes I did. For now should work if you don't click during the tutorial but I'll fix it :lol:
Franka wrote:There is a bit of an issue with time spent crafting. I only had 2 basic tools, so I could make 2 items. After that the game told me I had no more time for crafting. However, buying a third basic tool, doing the exact same actions (and spending the exact same amount of time), I now have time to craft 3 items instead of 2. This means I've been "cheated" out of a third item craft (and potential skill point) for several months now. We'll see how much of an impact that has on reaching the ending, but in any case, this seems wrong.
Wait, it probably wasn't the same item, each recipe has a crafting time. The higher-tier ones need more time, but I can tweak that, or have all items require same amount of time, it's not really an issue :)
DarcieCobalt wrote:Lynn's Light and Dark endings don't unlock, the plus/+ versions works fine though. After Lynn talks to you in your shop, the screen turns black and you get a generic description of the wedding, no ending or achievement. Then the story continues with the Blight.
I'll reply here since probably it's too hard to know (maybe I will also add a text in the game). Lynn's Dark/Light endings trigger only if you kissed her in the previous scenes (when there's the choice). Originally there was supposed to be a relationship value, but then that part was removed from the game completely. So maybe if it's too confusing I can remove that requirement completely?
Franka wrote:Now that I do finally get customer requests, the problem is that they request items where I only have the recipe for the final item, not the items needed to craft that, so I can't actually finish any of the requests.
You can't buy the intermediate items? When I tested, I did that :) Like the various figurines or talismans, I never crafted the required potion, always bought them. The problem is that unlocking random recipes I cannot know if the recipe who creates one of the required items is known or not, unless I don't unlock them randomly... it might also be if you continued a previous save though, I think now new players should get the early recipes all in order (pseudo-random).
Franka wrote:I haven't had a random effect during all of adulthood. Could it be that Library and Office effect block new events from happening (maximum of 2 active events)?
Lol, yes that could be. The maximum could be 3 I think, but maybe by mistake I set it to 2. Anyway, since the discount thing might not be possible I could remove those effects completely and just give the other bonus (which are already good I think).
Franka wrote:Never mind, I found it (Major Resist Poson Spotion) in a shop, it's not actually a recipe, is it? (This is pretty confusing.)
It's an item, you can create it with a recipe, or buy it :) like the other things (Iron Ingot, etc).
Franka wrote:I got an event! I just went maybe 100+ days without getting one.
Hurrah! Haha well it's not normal though, will look at it !
Franka wrote:Is Ruby supposed to
You mean if you get the fail main plot wiht dark alignment? or her dark ending?
Franka wrote:Unfortunately, this approach did not work out well. Not even close, as I ran out of time. Game over man, game over.
Haha well I'm pleased didn't work, would have been weird if did!
Franka wrote:Very few early recipes.
This should be solved... but if you replay the game from young age :shock: (I know, it's sad lol)
Franka wrote:Ore is almost never in stock in any of the stores.
That can be fixed easily :)
Franka wrote:Crafting takes longer than similar items from other skills, meaning you can only do 2 crafts vs. 3 in other skills in the same amount of time.
No, that's not true, each recipe has fixed time based on the TIER. So depends only on the item tier, metalworking doesn't require more than the others, for the same item level :)

Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:17 pm

jack1974 wrote:
Franka wrote:There is a bit of an issue with time spent crafting. I only had 2 basic tools, so I could make 2 items. After that the game told me I had no more time for crafting. However, buying a third basic tool, doing the exact same actions (and spending the exact same amount of time), I now have time to craft 3 items instead of 2. This means I've been "cheated" out of a third item craft (and potential skill point) for several months now. We'll see how much of an impact that has on reaching the ending, but in any case, this seems wrong.
Wait, it probably wasn't the same item, each recipe has a crafting time. The higher-tier ones need more time, but I can tweak that, or have all items require same amount of time, it's not really an issue :)
No, let me explain in detail. Two days where I'm doing the exact same thing, no variation at all. One day I craft 2 of the same item, after which the game tells me I have to sleep. The second day I craft 3 of the same item. So you can craft 3 items at once, but not 2 items + 1 item. For some reason that takes more time.
Franka wrote:Now that I do finally get customer requests, the problem is that they request items where I only have the recipe for the final item, not the items needed to craft that, so I can't actually finish any of the requests.
You can't buy the intermediate items? When I tested, I did that :) Like the various figurines or talismans, I never crafted the required potion, always bought them. The problem is that unlocking random recipes I cannot know if the recipe who creates one of the required items is known or not, unless I don't unlock them randomly... it might also be if you continued a previous save though, I think now new players should get the early recipes all in order (pseudo-random).
For Jewelcrafting, I can't buy settings. All settings must be crafted. NPCs love requesting talismans.
Franka wrote:Never mind, I found it (Major Resist Poson Spotion) in a shop, it's not actually a recipe, is it? (This is pretty confusing.)
It's an item, you can create it with a recipe, or buy it :) like the other things (Iron Ingot, etc).
I couldn't find the recipe after spamming the Mages Guild 100+ times...
Franka wrote:I got an event! I just went maybe 100+ days without getting one.
Hurrah! Haha well it's not normal though, will look at it !
I only had that single one random event happen throughout the entire adult part.
Franka wrote:Is Ruby supposed to
You mean if you get the fail main plot wiht dark alignment? or her dark ending?
After seeing her dark ending, she left town at the time when she's supposed to leave if you fail to make her craft item. The text was also identical to the fail text. There was another Ruby text where you leave together after failing the main plot as well on dark path, so she's left town a couple of times now.
Haha well I'm pleased didn't work, would have been weird if did!
But honestly, I have no idea how I was supposed to make almost 200 more skill points than I did. That's a LOT.
No, that's not true, each recipe has fixed time based on the TIER. So depends only on the item tier, metalworking doesn't require more than the others, for the same item level :)
I see the problem. I have 1 tier 1 Metalworking recipe. I have 7 tier 1 Potionmaking recipes. I had never sorted them by tier, so I honestly thought some of the Potionmaking recipes were higher tiers.

Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:24 pm

I guess I should start over from the beginning, but it's really hard to keep doing the job search + crafting part so many times. I could play on easy, but that would be poor testing....

Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:27 pm

Oops, clicking the scroll when starting over and skipping both tutorials:

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 796, in script
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 224, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 226, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 314, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 316, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 322, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 323, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 34, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 91, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 92, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 93, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 105, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 107, in execute
NameError: name 'AmberRomances' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 796, in script
  File "F:\Temp\AMS-0.8.0-steam\renpy\ast.py", line 1706, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "F:\Temp\AMS-0.8.0-steam\renpy\ast.py", line 1724, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Temp\AMS-0.8.0-steam\renpy\statements.py", line 145, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Temp\AMS-0.8.0-steam\renpy\exports.py", line 2526, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "F:\Temp\AMS-0.8.0-steam\renpy\ui.py", line 285, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "F:\Temp\AMS-0.8.0-steam\renpy\display\core.py", line 2538, in interact
    scene_lists.replace_transient()
  File "F:\Temp\AMS-0.8.0-steam\renpy\display\core.py", line 822, in replace_transient
    self.remove(layer, tag)
  File "F:\Temp\AMS-0.8.0-steam\renpy\display\core.py", line 1107, in remove
    self.hide_or_replace(layer, remove_index, "hide")
  File "F:\Temp\AMS-0.8.0-steam\renpy\display\core.py", line 1031, in hide_or_replace
    d = oldsle.displayable._hide(now - st, now - at, prefix)
  File "F:\Temp\AMS-0.8.0-steam\renpy\display\screen.py", line 443, in _hide
    self.update()
  File "F:\Temp\AMS-0.8.0-steam\renpy\display\screen.py", line 578, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 226, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 314, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 316, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 322, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 323, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 91, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 92, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 93, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 105, in execute
  File "game/gui.rpy", line 107, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 107, in <module>
NameError: name 'AmberRomances' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:31 pm

Franka wrote:So you can craft 3 items at once, but not 2 items + 1 item. For some reason that takes more time.
Yes that's true, it's how is working, if you have enough materials you can make "bigger batch", but if you stop (like you did) will take more :mrgreen: it's how the crafting works.
However, you were right on the metals, some (like "Liquid Gold") had custom time set, so I'm going to tweak them all :)
Franka wrote:For Jewelcrafting, I can't buy settings. All settings must be crafted. NPCs love requesting talismans.
Oops. Going to add settings for sale :mrgreen:
Franka wrote:I only had that single one random event happen throughout the entire adult part.
Yep not normal! I think it's surely related to the library/office thing though.
Franka wrote: After seeing her dark ending, she left town at the time when she's supposed to leave if you fail to make her craft item. The text was also identical to the fail text. There was another Ruby text where you leave together after failing the main plot as well on dark path, so she's left town a couple of times now.
The last one is OK (if you're on dark path and fail to make the cure, you leave). As long as it doesn't happen twice on the same playthrough should be OK :lol:
Franka wrote:But honestly, I have no idea how I was supposed to make almost 200 more skill points than I did. That's a LOT.
Yeah I haven't tested it well. I thought with the changes I did would work. By the way, you can get new skill points in the Adventurer's Guild now, spending Reputation. Maybe that's the way to go? :mrgreen:
Franka wrote:I see the problem. I have 1 tier 1 Metalworking recipe. I have 7 tier 1 Potionmaking recipes. I had never sorted them by tier, so I honestly thought some of the Potionmaking recipes were higher tiers.
As said above, SOME metalworking recipes indeed had higher (not much, but probably enough if you craft many at once) times. Wil fix that :)

I will upload a version with the crashing bug fixed shortly, at least that!! :lol:

jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.8.1

Post by jack1974 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:47 pm

I've made the update though I forgot also to offer "settings" for sale :oops: maybe with the new system you'll get those recipes though... now you get 2 recipes on each level up, and they should be randomized but more "sorted by level/tier" at least :)
Anima sent me a fix also for the discounts but should have tested it, and I preferred to do the update since there was that crashing bug. Also, after drinking a glass or two of Chianti (a Tuscany wine) I am not sure I can do it today :mrgreen:

Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:49 pm

jack1974 wrote:
Franka wrote:So you can craft 3 items at once, but not 2 items + 1 item. For some reason that takes more time.
Yes that's true, it's how is working, if you have enough materials you can make "bigger batch", but if you stop (like you did) will take more :mrgreen: it's how the crafting works.
Ok, fair enough, I guess that gives extra incentive to buy more tools.
The last one is OK (if you're on dark path and fail to make the cure, you leave). As long as it doesn't happen twice on the same playthrough should be OK :lol:
So, just to be sure it's supposed to happen like this: I craft Ruby's stuff and get Ruby's Dark ending. Some days later Ruby sends me a letter to say she's leaving and skips town. Much later, I fail to craft the ending stuff and get the dark failure ending, leaving town with Ruby (she's now left town twice).
Yeah I haven't tested it well. I thought with the changes I did would work. By the way, you can get new skill points in the Adventurer's Guild now, spending Reputation. Maybe that's the way to go? :mrgreen:
That would help, I hadn't actually noticed. But I can still only train to my levelx10, and I only got to level 25, even with gathering almost every single day.

By the way, Special Job at Adventurer's Guild looks like a total scam. 1 reputation to be offered a job you might not even be able to complete for a reward that seems no better than other jobs?

Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:51 pm

I can probably make it if I do some XP jobs, let me try that before starting over completely. :lol:

jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Franka wrote:So, just to be sure it's supposed to happen like this: I craft Ruby's stuff and get Ruby's Dark ending. Some days later Ruby sends me a letter to say she's leaving and skips town. Much later, I fail to craft the ending stuff and get the dark failure ending, leaving town with Ruby (she's now left town twice).
Ah OK, no not like that. I need to look at it :) thanks
Franka wrote:By the way, Special Job at Adventurer's Guild looks like a total scam. 1 reputation to be offered a job you might not even be able to complete for a reward that seems no better than other jobs?
Ahh damn, I multiplied only the gold, not the XP :lol: so yes, I need to fix that. If you check though, the gold reward should be much higher (depending on Amber's skill).
Franka wrote:I can probably make it if I do some XP jobs, let me try that before starting over completely. :lol:
Well I managed to win using your save :) but of course I know exactly what to do, etc.