Amber Full Beta 1.0.1

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
SimonStardust
Woods ranger

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.8.0

Post by SimonStardust »

So little time for playing games lately. This is already at 0.8.0? Really? Oh my. xD

Anyway... 5 minutes into the game... and right during the tutorial when I try to click the scroll icon, this happens:
Spoiler:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/gui.rpy", line 796, in script
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/gui.rpy", line 224, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 226, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 314, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 316, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 322, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 323, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 34, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 91, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 92, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 93, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 105, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 107, in execute
NameError: name 'AmberRomances' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/gui.rpy", line 796, in script
File "/home/simon/Downloads/AMS-0.8.0-steam (2)/renpy/ast.py", line 1706, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "/home/simon/Downloads/AMS-0.8.0-steam (2)/renpy/ast.py", line 1724, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "/home/simon/Downloads/AMS-0.8.0-steam (2)/renpy/statements.py", line 145, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 471, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "/home/simon/Downloads/AMS-0.8.0-steam (2)/renpy/exports.py", line 2526, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "/home/simon/Downloads/AMS-0.8.0-steam (2)/renpy/ui.py", line 285, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "/home/simon/Downloads/AMS-0.8.0-steam (2)/renpy/display/core.py", line 2538, in interact
scene_lists.replace_transient()
File "/home/simon/Downloads/AMS-0.8.0-steam (2)/renpy/display/core.py", line 822, in replace_transient
self.remove(layer, tag)
File "/home/simon/Downloads/AMS-0.8.0-steam (2)/renpy/display/core.py", line 1107, in remove
self.hide_or_replace(layer, remove_index, "hide")
File "/home/simon/Downloads/AMS-0.8.0-steam (2)/renpy/display/core.py", line 1031, in hide_or_replace
d = oldsle.displayable._hide(now - st, now - at, prefix)
File "/home/simon/Downloads/AMS-0.8.0-steam (2)/renpy/display/screen.py", line 443, in _hide
self.update()
File "/home/simon/Downloads/AMS-0.8.0-steam (2)/renpy/display/screen.py", line 578, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/gui.rpy", line 226, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 314, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 316, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 322, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 323, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 91, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 92, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 93, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 105, in execute
File "game/gui.rpy", line 107, in execute
File "<screen language>", line 107, in <module>
NameError: name 'AmberRomances' is not defined

Linux-4.4.45-1-MANJARO-x86_64-with-glibc2.2.5
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Beware! Peerons ahead! xD
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

There is a bit of an issue with time spent crafting. I only had 2 basic tools, so I could make 2 items. After that the game told me I had no more time for crafting. However, buying a third basic tool, doing the exact same actions (and spending the exact same amount of time), I now have time to craft 3 items instead of 2. This means I've been "cheated" out of a third item craft (and potential skill point) for several months now. We'll see how much of an impact that has on reaching the ending, but in any case, this seems wrong.
DarcieCobalt
Young scout

Post by DarcieCobalt »

Hi, I have another set of bugs found in the 0.8.0 version.
My favorite route so far, is Ruby's. I like all endings but I might be biased because I love vampires.
Spoiler:
Lynn's Light and Dark endings don't unlock, the plus/+ versions works fine though. After Lynn talks to you in your shop, the screen turns black and you get a generic description of the wedding, no ending or achievement. Then the story continues with the Blight.

http://imgur.com/a/mXY7p
This happens when Amber and Vin start looking for a cure against the Blight.

http://imgur.com/a/kpeuW
This happens when you break up with Lynn (light +) and Amber has a Light alignment. When Amber has a Dark alignment, the right sprite is shown (unless Lynn likes to welcome her customers in her underwear).

http://imgur.com/a/P8M2E
For some reason, the adult sprites are shown during the child phase. This happens all the time, with every character and alignment.

http://imgur.com/a/fCAHa
She mentions the sponge wall, but Amber didn't make this potion, she only swept the floor. Lynn is remembering something that did not happen.

http://imgur.com/a/B3AaP
I'm not sure how you trigger the Cosmina or Reed date, my Amber was Light and got Reed and with Dark she got Cosmina. In any case, She has a date with Cosmina on the picture, not Reed.
It hurts because I hit something important <3
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Now that I do finally get customer requests, the problem is that they request items where I only have the recipe for the final item, not the items needed to craft that, so I can't actually finish any of the requests.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

I haven't had a random effect during all of adulthood. Could it be that Library and Office effect block new events from happening (maximum of 2 active events)?
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Ok, so on Ruby's path, I have 20 days to make the
Spoiler:
Cure for Vampirism
I still need another 34 Potionmaking, I need to somehow find the recipe for Major Resist Poison Potion (I don't even know what tier it is, so spamming Mages Guild will be annoying), and I need to raise money for ingredients.

This brings up the issue of how annoying the random recipe thing is. I already have issues with missing components for crafting recipes I unlocked ages ago. Getting Major Resist Poison Potion recipe will probably be the hardest part of this. Time to play the Mages Guild roulette.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Never mind, I found it (Major Resist Poson Spotion) in a shop, it's not actually a recipe, is it? (This is pretty confusing.)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Franka wrote:I haven't had a random effect during all of adulthood. Could it be that Library and Office effect block new events from happening (maximum of 2 active events)?
I got an event! I just went maybe 100+ days without getting one.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Is Ruby supposed to
Spoiler:
leave town after getting the dark ending?
It's the same event that plays out if you fail to make the item she needs on time, so I wasn't sure if this is supposed to happen.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

So, because I was bored to tears doing the daily job search, I tried a different approach. Every day I would gather at the Mushroom Caves, eat a meal, craft 2-3 items, go to bed. Every week I sold all mushrooms for money.

Unfortunately, this approach did not work out well. Not even close, as I ran out of time. Game over man, game over.