Amber Full Beta 1.0.1

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.8.9

Post by jack1974 »

Copy paste mistake, will make all those romance recipes tier 7, maybe except Bernard's one, since it's not such an incredible item :)
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

PS Daniel's elixir, like the one for Ruby's path, is still unsaleable because it's "an item you need to create the cure for the blight" : )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

In this latest version, after you craft any romance item it should remove both the item and the recipe book entry, so you CANNOT craft another item. That's why I didn't change that text. Of course if you already had one before the update, you still get that message :)
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

jack1974 wrote:In this latest version, after you craft any romance item it should remove both the item and the recipe book entry, so you CANNOT craft another item.
can I craft two of them? : P

I think I found the "missing" scene I criticized in Ruby's path - it's with Daniel around the time the black-out happened in my last game on a different path.

And the text is weird - they fucked each other brains out in the time-frozen city and now, a few days later, Amber is quoted with "we're friends after all" and when Daniel gently kisses her cheek he asks "Was I out of line?".

Shouldn't this scene happen before seeing the love interest CG?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think even if you craft two, it should remove all items with that tag. So in theory shouldn't matter (I haven't tried but should work).
myoksy wrote:Shouldn't this scene happen before seeing the love interest CG?
Ahh I see what happened. With your "hardcore crafting" you made the item very early, before some scenes played out. But it's not your fault of course, the game shouldn't let this happen.
Hmm this complicates things :( I shouldn't have touched the coding, I knew it!! In past version you could barely manage to make the romance item in time before the romance story ended so there wasn't this problem...
I'll think what to do, in practice you cannot craft the item too early otherwise the storyline is broken. Next time I'll listen to myself and if something works, don't touch it for sure!!! :(
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

keep in mind that half-way in apprenticeship until adulthood I used 0.8.7 with a very high skill increase per day. so maybe it's not possible anymore to outpace the story ; )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes, though I should try to see if I can put some sort of "safety net". But honestly not sure what, I don't want to make any big changes right now :(
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

maybe something simple like a flag for the last played normal scene? only when the flag is set the "love-interest recipe developed" scene can be triggered.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No of course I can do this, doing a custom check and preventing the player from crafting the item until the last "right plot scene" has played. It's just that will break the immersion completely I think. But honestly not sure what else I could do :)
Yeah I guess I'll do that.
Because I cannot let player craft the item any time: since in some scenes Amber says stuff like "I just finished the item" and the love interest comes. But if player crafts it and then 25 days passes, would seem a bit weird :lol:
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

immersion broken? I don't think so. a typical player does not know the hidden prerequisites for triggering the love-interest recipe (something like skill and time, I guess?) and getting it after all normal scenes are played would feel natural and logical.

just take my game as example: I was baffled by the incorrect order, no immersion remained ^^