Amber Full Beta 1.0.1

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
myoksy
Druid

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.9.0

Post by myoksy »

I think we completely misunderstood each other - the auto low quality should work as you described it, with better end quality when the amount is increased. but the game I mailed you does not work this way. see my list above, a quantity of 1 has a _higher_ quality than the result of crafting two items.

pacing:
status on the first day of adult stage, new game with 0.9.0.

lower skill levels than the one with my interlude with 0.8.7*, it will take me longer to reach 300 in all skills (though with lots of time to spare, so I think your goal to make the playing less tedious in the end game was reached)

* this one: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4001&start=150#p42500
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well about the crafting quality I am not sure either :mrgreen:
Cool about the pacing, I think that way is perfect, also considering you can train your skills in the adventurer's guild, there shouldn't be any problem to win the game in time, but not easier as before :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber Full Beta 0.9.1

Post by jack1974 »

Made another small update, mostly improvements but also fixed some issues with Manuel's secret route :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Just encountered what I guess would be called a bug:

When breaking up w/ Bernard, even if the special item for him had been crafted, Amber says she can't continue working on it.

This is in VN mode. Not sure if it happens in crafting mode.

Also, for some reason I haven't been able to download past 0.8.9. :?:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha, I'm thinking to just remove the breakup scenes, and only show the "remove screen", since people don't like them and there are also issues like the one you mentioned :)

I am not sure why you weren't able to download?
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

jack1974 wrote:For the tool there's no easy way to do what you said, so I will put 1.
still not happy with this, I think this will be frustrating in an altogether not very fun crafting game play*.

would it be easier to remove the amount of tool completely? in the game it is explained that tools are not a consumable and one for each product in the batch is needed.

no numbers would be better than misleading ones.

* quite sure your opinion is not that far away from mine ; )
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No because I display the numbers individually. It could be done but at this point I'm not surely going to add more "complex" coding, especially for a very small thing like this. I'm already working on the new RPG, any more time spent on this game for gameplay will be wasted effort, since as you said the crafting gameplay is not fun and it's not like it can become suddenly fun because the amount of tools is correct :lol:
mastro
Young scout

Post by mastro »

myoksy wrote:no numbers would be better than misleading ones.
How it's misleading? example green wood planks. Correctly says you need 1 tool to make it. Indeed, you need one. If quantity is more than 1, you'll simply need to craft more. But it's not wrong at all. It's not like tha job says "you must craft everything in one go".
Haha most times the jobs are so lenient in days. I can finish them all before the deadline!
jack1974 wrote: I'm already working on the new RPG
Curses Lands, right? yes work on that. Much more interesting than this crafting game. Sorry to be blunt.
myoksy
Druid

Post by myoksy »

mastro wrote:How it's misleading? example green wood planks. Correctly says you need 1 tool to make it.
if the order is something like 3 planks it would say: 3 green wood, 1 tool.

from the consumption pov technically correct*, from a game mechanics pov misleading as it omits the batch size.

another thing: are there more prerequisites to Manuel's quest outside of evening and visiting the adventurers' guild? I learnt about this bonus mission only in the forum** and I cannot trigger it

* the best kind of correct
** or did I miss an in-game hint?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

No it's enough to visit the adventurer's guild in adult age during evening, however in the previous versions it could be (randomly) skipped, and it shows up once :oops:
So if you have visited the adventurer's guild once in a past version and you don't have it enabled, it's likely that you could have had bad luck, and it was instantly discarded :( the only way would be to resume a save from beginning of adult age. I tried several times now and it always unlock (I made sure this time!!).

To be more clear: you have 30% chances of meeting him (unlocking the route) every time you enter adventurer's guild at evening.
Before, that happened ONCE. So in my playthroughs I was lucky and always got him, while other people missed him and then he won't show up again. Now it works, it's enough to try visiting 3-4 times and it will unlock :)