Amber Beta Demo (NOT full story!!) 0.7.6

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
Franka
Elder Druid

Re: Amber Beta Demo (NOT full story!!) 0.7.5

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:Anyways, I see you are level 12, so you'll pass the alchemy exam at first attempt (it's in 25 days from that screenshot's date). So maybe at least I got the level right for that "check".
Wait, what? I'm pretty sure that was a save from the last day before the test, unless I messed things up.
Also, a savegame at end of demo would be appreciated :)
Right. I'll see what I can do.
When you say you crafted only 10 items, you mean because of the tasks you got, or the materials you had available?
Recipes + materials available allowed me to craft about 10 different items, and 5 of those took so much work it wasn't really worth it compared to just handing in Garnet Pebbles.
I see, indeed the recipe you unlock while studying or leveling up are randomized within your skill levels. But those talisman require same skill as the setting, only in different field (Setting start from Metalworking 50, while talisman start from Jewelcrafting/Enchanting 50).
Metalworking was really, really, really, REALLY hard for me to level, because I had only copper to craft, and the shops almost never had any copper. I had to study a LOT to get Metalworking to 50, and that only opened up Iron for me, while Beryl and Garnet Pebbles boosted Jewelcrafting quickly, and Runes boosted Enchanting even faster (you can't study Enchanting by the way, so funny how it's my highest skill).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK after doing some more tests, the main issue is the skills don't go up faster enough. So now studying has a random chance between 1-3, but weighted towards 2, and I raised daily cap to 3 while crafting. This way you should go up in the skill much faster than now, hopefully having more variety of things to craft as well.
I'm even considering doing 1-3 random +1 for studying, since takes half day. And if you craft for half day, you'll get +3 skills for sure :)
So first I'll try with this change, and maybe in adult age just give a bonus like Troyen said but not "flat-leveling" all skills to 100, wouldn't make sense (also I think now could be possible to level up a skill over 100 in young age, if someone tries hard at it).

Regarding your save, yes it's just before the end of demo, I meant the screenshot you posted in forums. But the save is correct :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Also, you did a good run Franka, since in my playthrough, even if I got the extra XP bonus change (about halfway), I have failed to pass the exam at 1st try :lol: achievement failed. So at least level 10 seems a good check. Not too hard if you play well (and with the new XP change should be possible to make it) but not too easy either.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:So first I'll try with this change, and maybe in adult age just give a bonus like Troyen said but not "flat-leveling" all skills to 100, wouldn't make sense (also I think now could be possible to level up a skill over 100 in young age, if someone tries hard at it).
Also, it would be a really bad idea because then the only action that would make sense is to gather every single day, then start adult with a gigantic warehouse of components, all skills at 100 and the gold bonus you talked about. No reason to ever study or craft.
Regarding your save, yes it's just before the end of demo, I meant the screenshot you posted in forums. But the save is correct :)
The screenshot is from a save the day before the test, there aren't 25 days left until the test - I just checked. Unless you count extra time if you fail the first test, then it might be a later date.
jack1974 wrote:Also, you did a good run Franka, since in my playthrough, even if I got the extra XP bonus change (about halfway), I have failed to pass the exam at 1st try :lol: achievement failed. So at least level 10 seems a good check. Not too hard if you play well (and with the new XP change should be possible to make it) but not too easy either.
When what's-his-face warned me that the test was coming up soon, I hunted down a few XP giving jobs to make sure I reached 10, then it turned out there was plenty of time left, so I actually ended up with much more XP than I needed.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Franka wrote:Also, it would be a really bad idea because then the only action that would make sense is to gather every single day, then start adult with a gigantic warehouse of components, all skills at 100 and the gold bonus you talked about. No reason to ever study or craft.
Yes I've already given up the idea :)
A bonus of +25 skill to all skills seems the best idea probably.
There are 167 days to get to the exam (though many are skipped because of plot events, 5 x 6 = 35). I'd say more or less the total days available is 132. Now even in the extreme case that you could craft every day 3 items, you could get in theory 396 skill points, but with 5 different skills, it should spread out enough (and probably you can't raise every day the skills by 3).
So yes a +25 bonus on all skills at beginning of adult age seems good :)
Franka wrote: When what's-his-face warned me that the test was coming up soon, I hunted down a few XP giving jobs to make sure I reached 10, then it turned out there was plenty of time left, so I actually ended up with much more XP than I needed.
Yes I tested here with failing the exam (in my own save) and you can get up to day 188-35=153 days of playtime. It's HARD, but it's possible to get a game over by failing the test repeatedly :lol:
Palmettogamer14
Woods ranger

Re: Amber Beta Demo (NOT full story!!) 0.7.6

Post by Palmettogamer14 »

I actually passed the test the first time by raising my skills and doing all the requests and jobs.

And holy plot twists! There were a lot of surprises in this game especially in terms of characters and what was happening!

I'm really, really loving this game!
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Cool, you played in Normal or Easy mode? maybe I need to make it slightly harder then.
And about plot twists just wait to get some endings of the adult age... :mrgreen:
OneTrueBaldo
Young scout

Post by OneTrueBaldo »

Franka wrote:I do kind of miss toggling the otome content off, I don't want to
Spoiler:
be courted by Lair...
:lol: But that's minor. So far, I'm liking the Dark Plus paths.
Played the VN Mode Only today, and *I SAY* Lair and Amber are :mrgreen: PERFECT :mrgreen: together (in the Light paths, of course :P )!!!.

The only bug I've noticed is when Amber and Daniel go buying Hemsworth in Lynn's shop, the two Light choices both give 'Light +1', this never happens elsewhere. I have a question, too. For the Light/Dark Plus alignments, you must choose 'Light +2' options *only* or not? In my playthrough I've got 25+ Light points (via a mix of Light and Light Plus choices) and 4 Dark points, but got only Light alignments for all the characters.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha Lair dark endings are my favorite :mrgreen: The light are probably the most "cute" and romantic though.
Yes the both +1 in that scene is a mistake, thanks will fix it.

You don't need to choose light +2 only at all, you can still get the dark plus or light plus ending easily. The most important choice is the "tough choice" on each character's path, the 5th scene. There's only two choices light/dark but they give +5 points. So for example even if you were light plus, if you pick the dark choice in the 5th scene you would go back to almost neutral.
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

OneTrueBaldo wrote:Played the VN Mode Only today, and *I SAY* Lair and Amber are :mrgreen: PERFECT :mrgreen: together (in the Light paths, of course :P )!!!.
Light path!? PTAH!! Who plays light path?? :P