Amber romances preview

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
P_Tigras
Druid

Re: Amber romances preview

Post by P_Tigras »

Hmmm...The Ruby preview looks a bit different from what I recall of the original.

So does each romance have 4 different endings?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

They're just different "clips" of a bigger image.
Yes each romance has 4 endings: Light +, Light, Dark, Dark+
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

3 qs. here: Were these done by a different artist than the main sprites? (Some of 'em look it--not meant as a complaint or anything, merely an observation.)

Bottom 2 w/ Lynn: Why isn't Amber wearing gloves? (Or at least, on her right hand she ain't in the right pic.) Left seems like a wedding, but the right...?

Top-right w/ Cosmina: Is Amber now a hunter or something like that? Her garb and the fact that she seems to have a spear on her back seem to suggest such.

Also, while I'm not normally one for same-gender romances, I gotta say: both Lynn in her top-right pic and Amber in the bottom-left pic in these previews look adorable! :give_heart:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

All 3 questions will be answered playing the game :)
Artist is obviously the same, otherwise if was another one I would have asked for different/more stuff!
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

There needs to be a walkthrough on how to get catch them all endings when the time comes! :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well it's quite straightforward to be honest, since are based on the light/dark values :)
A thing I still need to decide is what to do if a player is "completely neutral", which is very rare (there are a lot of choices) but it could happen. I've kept such things as last!
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

That brings up another q.: How will players know which romance route they're on, so as to make sure they're not going to be w/ someone other than who they're aiming for?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I have yet to decide where to put the "break point". But I will make it quite clear who they're going to end with at the end. The breakup scene don't have a choice, so I'm thinking to progressively reduce the amount of potential romances, with a warning like "you need to break up with someone" or something like that.
I could also do it automatically - in all the dating sims games you cannot expect to keep dating everyone at same time, so it's obvious that if you played 8 scenes with Lynn, that's very likely to be your final ending :lol:
Also probably will do an otome/yuri filter like I did for Queen Of Thieves since seems it was appreciated by people :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

jack1974 wrote:Well it's quite straightforward to be honest, since are based on the light/dark values :)
A thing I still need to decide is what to do if a player is "completely neutral", which is very rare (there are a lot of choices) but it could happen. I've kept such things as last!
Some options are:

1: Make it so it is not possible to be neutral, I think it would be a waste to do some additional scene for something that is so extremely rare that nearly no one will see it.
2: Make it so if amber is neutral you will automatically get +1 Light/Dark point at a point of divination of endings depending on character Amber is romancing.
jack1974 wrote:Also probably will do an otome/yuri filter like I did for Queen Of Thieves since seems it was appreciated by people :)
Yea, being able to stay loyal to yuri goddesses is ceternly something I appreciate :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes the easiest option is to use an odd number for the range, like 1 to 10. Currently is 1 to 9 and 5 is neutral, and that's where Amber and the other characters start. Then it's like:
1= true dark ending
2,3,4 = dark
5 = neutral
6,7,8 = light
9 = true light
but it would be enough to add +1 and would be impossible to reach a neutral ending.