Amber development

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber development

Post by jack1974 »

doing various tweaks now before resuming coding the adult age. Improving the Study/Gathering reward (both in term of XP and skill increase in case of study). Since those activities can take up half a day, need to be more rewarding otherwise nobody would do them :)
I also thought to let player choose the kind of job. This way if you have already 4000 gold, getting "do this task for 100 gold" seems pointless. So you can focus on what you need.
I'm also going to add buying recipes in mage with "Reputation". In adult age is going to be used to build some rooms in the shop builder, but otherwise wouldn't be used elsewhere, so I thought to add as a secondary currency for the mage's guild :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Also noticed the alchemy exam and consecutive attempts wasn't working properly (nor the achievement unlocked!). Doing them now...
I haven't a "game over because you're a failure at studying" event :lol: I'll need to add one. I'm thinking Amber simply goes back to Vin, and they live together as outcasts for the rest of their lives.
HMM... rest of the life alone with Vin? that might be a secret cougar ending! :o :o :mrgreen:
(joking, of course)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I decided to remove the light/dark bar from the status, since was confusing. Besides, Amber's alignment is absolute: either dark or light, based on the total choices. So if you do 50 light choices, it's not like because you do 1 dark, you are neutral :lol:
The impact of her alignment is on the final plot ending and what she says during scenes, but overall less important than the impact of each character alignment to get the endings :)

I think this afternoon will do an update and it should be the last one I do for the young age, from tomorrow I'll start coding the adult age with the various romance endings :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Just wondering since I don't see an option here and you said you will add it, did you give up on adding disable otome/yuri like in QoT?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

For the young age no, since they're all "connected", several characters meet each other, etc. However, this game it's not "flirty" as QoT, so even if you play the otome scenes of young age there won't be much romance (maybe except Lair a bit).
In adult age you'll be able to choose instead :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today was a quiet day (I like it!). Anima is trying to code a "recipe discovery" system, similar to the one of Guild Wars 2 (and I'm sure of other crafting games). Not sure if we'll manage to implement it for this game, but for sure will be useful also in future games with crafting (even RPGs).
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Yes, if you buy the mp3+wallpapers you can download the music already now.
Does that cost extra?
Wouldn't bother me if it did; it's worth it, but just gotta know since the music OWNS, esp. what seems to be the theme song for the Vampires! I love how the "Dark Decisions" theme was put in there as well! :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes it's the version with "bonus content" which usually is $5 and contains mp3, wallpapers and sometimes also bonus stuff like sketches, etc
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

new feature added thanks to Anima: now you can search also by the final item produced by the recipe. In those cases you want to cheat the people and just buy ready-made stuff instead of crafting it yourself :twisted: :twisted:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today started coding the adult age. I am also coding the shop builder.
Initially I thought to have a shop with an inventory of items, that would get automatically sold to the "shop customers". However, I think I'm not going to do this, since filling the shop inventory could be a repetitive/boring task. Automating it also would be risky, in case the AI decides to sell a wrong item, etc. :lol:

So I am thinking to just have the "shop room upgrade" give you a base gold revenue each day, to simulate the fact that your shop is bigger. I'm talking only about the specific shop room: the others room will still have their own features. You'll also get better tasks from the customers (the task that Haros was giving you in young age, now are done by shop customers).