Amber development

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber development

Post by jack1974 »

Haha as you see it didn't take long! :lol:
Just the time for me to read some new texts for 3 unannounced games in progress... :wink:
Anima_
Druid

Post by Anima_ »

Well everything is changed, now where is the VN part? :twisted:
RPG Programmer for Winterwolves, currently working on: Amber's Magic Shop
Part-time emotionless AI
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Lol, you were too fast! :wink:
That's better though, since I was in the "crafting mood" and I'll be able to continue it :)
DarkWolf
Druid

Post by DarkWolf »

Lol, the way you talked I expected a game release to be moved by this for few mounts :D .
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I had no clue how long would take. For sure I didn't expect to be able to work on it the next day :lol:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Since I'm finishing a lot of games I started a while ago, to thank people for waiting for me I'm going to add some bonuses to each. For Queen Of Thieves it was the yuri path (originally was otome only), for Undead Lily will be ALL characters romanceable, and so on.
For Amber? Forsaken had the crazy idea to reward players who unlock all the endings of a character with a bonus pin-up.
Basically, if you unlock all Ruby's endings (YES EVEN THE SAD ONES!!) you'll get... a very INTERESTING pin-up image. Same for all the other characters.
Of course we all know the original Loren's artist doesn't work for me anymore (SIGH) so the style will be different, but I think you'll like it anyway :)

Those extra CGs shouldn't delay the game release, also because it's not going to be out before next year, so there's time to do them :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Will these pin-up awards be available on mobile? And if not, will there be award-type things for mobile of some kind? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes of course they'll be available on mobile :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

slowly but steadly I'm creeping towards the 200 recipes goal... maybe 250 if I can make it :)
I have to say that moving from XML to python Class was my best decision: I am doing the various god/goddesses figurines right now, and with copy-paste and search/replace power I could make 20-25 recipes today rather easily!

Speaking of something more interesting, the pin-up images (just lineart for now) are turning out VERY GOOD 8) both male/female characters in sexy poses. Great stuff, I'm sure players will want to finish all the endings just to unlock them 8)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

Speaking of which, Jack, when will we see the next intro for a character in this game? :)