Druid

Re: Amber development

Post by Pace675 »

Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore'
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Today finished scripting Lynn's path! :)
Which means there are Cosmina, Bernard and Lair elft (about half). The idea is that Aleema is going to script them while I resume working on the shop build and the gameplay stuff next week.
It took me a week each romance path, so I hope that she will finish them by mid-March, at which point the beta could begin.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:It took me a week each romance path, so I hope that she will finish them by mid-March, at which point the beta could begin.
HYPED HYPED HYPED!!!!!!!! :yahoo:

Been lookin forward to this for what feels like YEARS, Jack!!!!!! :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Mouhaha I just realized that we had planned a route with Manuel (no romance though, couldn't do CGs since that artist doesn't work for us anymore). It's not a romance route, it's a... "bonus thing". You'll see :)
Though this means that I need to script that too, even if is shorter than the others at least.

Also, fun how ALL the Atelier games come out for PC NOW. For years, nothing. Now that I'm about to finally finish my game...HOP!! RELEASE THE KRAKEN AT ONCE!!! ROFL :lol:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Mouhaha I just realized that we had planned a route with Manuel (no romance though, couldn't do CGs since that artist doesn't work for us anymore). It's not a romance route, it's a... "bonus thing". You'll see :)
So kinda like w/ Joan in CD? Him as Amber's friend/ally? :)

Please tell me there's comedic elements to it; it seems as if that guy has quite a bit o' comedy in the main game from what you've shown us. :mrgreen:
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

There are many fun moments all around the game but probably Manuel scenes have more comedy than others :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

So while I wait for Lair's route, I've resumed the crafting tutorial part. It's quite long, but I thought was better to explain in details how crafting work for the newbies. Anyone who played crafting games in the past could probably skip it completely, since I think it's rather intuitive :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

this is also the moment where the crafting framework will be put to "full test". I mean, I made 250 recipes :lol: and it was working but the crafting framework is much more complex than it looks to the players, so there are several minor features that hopefully I'm going to add with Anima's help during this month.
As I said I don't want to make anything overcomplex but there are still a few missing "key" features that I want to add :) For example in the screenshot above, now I display the quantity of the ingredients, so you know what you're missing! Before it would just say "you're missing stuff!" but without being able to know WHAT, unless you looked in the inventory... not really good :mrgreen:
Rebly82
Woods ranger

Post by Rebly82 »

jack1974 wrote: For example in the screenshot above, now I display the quantity of the ingredients, so you know what you're missing! Before it would just say "you're missing stuff!" but without being able to know WHAT, unless you looked in the inventory... not really good :mrgreen:
Wouldn't something like, a simple hover tooltip over the greyed out ingredient work? I don't you need anything much more complicated than that. :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well I think it's better to show directly the amount, also because on mobile tooltips aren't available :) But also for desktop, is better to display immediately what you're missing without the need of move the mouse. Like you need 3 copper ore for the recipe but you have only 1, would show:
3 (1)
Also always showing the amount left in inventory is good so you know how many more items you can make of that genre (like you see you still have 10 greenwood logs, you know you can still craft X items). It has many uses :)