Amber development

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Amber development

Post by jack1974 »

added all the rooms descriptions, now going to code the various effects. For some I'll need to wait since need to ask Anima how to do it :mrgreen: but for 90% of them I'll have no problems.
Also if someone wants to help, here are the texts I wrote for the shopbuilder screen:

Code: Select all

Rooms=(["Library",[50,100,200],"CurY<2",["5 new Tier 1-2 recipes instantly, get 10% discount on recipe books","5 new Tier 3-4 recipes instantly, get 15% discount on recipe books","5 new Tier 5-6 recipes instantly, get 20% discount on recipe books"]],
        ["Office",[50,100,150],"CurY<2",["Level1: get 10% discount on local shops, traveling merchant every 15 days","Level2: get 12% discount on local shops, traveling merchant every 10 days","Level3: get 15% discount on local shops, traveling merchant every 5 days"]],
        ["Shop",[50,100,150],"CurY==1",["Level1: put up to 10 items for sale, 20% chance to sell one each day","Level2: put up to 25 items for sale, 25% chance to sell one each day","Level3: put up to 50 items for sale, 30% chance to sell one each day"]],
        ["Bedroom",[50,150,300],"CurY<1",["Level1: recover 2 Energy at the end of each day","Level2: recover 6 Energy at the end of each day","Level3: fully recover Energy at the end of each day"]],
        ["Kitchen",[50,150,300],"CurY<1",["Level1: recover 2 Morale at the end of each day","Level2: recover 6 Morale at the end of each day","Level3: fully recover Morale at the end of each day"]],
        ["Divination Room",[100,200,300],"CurY<2",["Level1: craft recipes up to level 100 Enchanting","Level2: craft recipes up to level 200 Enchanting","Level3: craft recipes up to level 300 Enchanting"]],
        ["Greenhouse",[100,200,400],"CurY==1",["Level1: get a random common herb or fruit every 5 days","Level2: get a random uncommon herb or fruit every 5 days","Level3: get a random rare herb or fruit every 5 days"]],
        #underground
        ["Forge",[100,200,300],"CurY>1",["Level1: craft recipes up to level 100 Metalworking","Level2: craft recipes up to level 200 Metalworking","Level3: craft recipes up to level 300 Metalworking"]],
        ["Distillery",[100,200,300],"CurY>1",["Level1: craft recipes up to level 100 Potionmaking","Level2: craft recipes up to level 200 Potionmaking","Level3: craft recipes up to level 300 Potionmaking"]],
        ["Woodshop",[100,200,300],"CurY>1",["Level1: craft recipes up to level 100 Woodworking","Level2: craft recipes up to level 200 Woodworking","Level3: craft recipes up to level 300 Woodworking"]],
        ["Jewelry Shop",[100,200,300],"CurY>1",["Level1: craft recipes up to level 100 Jewelcrafting","Level2: craft recipes up to level 200 Jewelcrafting","Level3: craft recipes up to level 300 Jewelcrafting"]],
        ["Magic Cave",[200,300,500],"CurY>1",["Level1: get a random common ore, gem or mushroom every 5 days","Level2: get a random uncommon ore, gem or mushroom every 5 days","Level3: get a random rare ore, gem or mushroom every 5 days"]],
        ["Storage Room",[50,100,150],"CurY>1",["Level1: keep up to 25 quantity of each ingredient","Level2: keep up to 50 quantity of each ingredient","Level3: keep up to 100 quantity of each ingredient"]],
        )
    RoomsDesc={
        "Library":"Library: this is where Amber stores her recipes. Upgrading this room will unlock some new recipes instantly, and reduce recipe books prices.",
        "Office":"Office: this is where Amber does the paperwork/accountancy/trades. Upgrading this room will reduce ingredients cost in the local shops and allow trading to distant towns to acquire rare ingredients.",
        "Shop":"Shop: where customers can browse the items on sale. Upgrading this room will increase the amount of items you can put on sale, and the social status of customers that will visit your shop.",
        "Divination Room":"Divination Room: this is where Amber performs enchantments and gets news from around Aravorn. Upgrading this room will let you get news about random events a few days before they happen.",
        "Greenhouse":"Greenhouse: some herbs can be grown in Amber's Greenhouse. Upgrading this room will allow the cultivation of rarest herbs and plants.",
        "Bedroom":"Bedroom: where Amber sleeps! Upgrading this room will increase the amount of energy recovered each day.",
        "Kitchen":"Kitchen: eating delicous dishes will restore Amber's morale. Upgrading this room will increase the amount of morale recovered each day.",
        "Forge":"Forge: required to craft Metalworking recipes. Each upgrade will raise the level cap, allowing Amber to craft more difficult recipes.",
        "Distillery":"Distillery: required to craft Potionmaking recipes. Each upgrade will raise the level cap, allowing Amber to craft more difficult recipes.",
        "Woodshop":"Woodshop: required to craft Woodworking recipes. Each upgrade will raise the level cap, allowing Amber to craft more difficult recipes.",
        "Jewelry Shop":"Jewelry Shop: required to craft Jewelcrafting recipes. Each upgrade will raise the level cap, allowing Amber to craft more difficult recipes.",
        "Magic Cave":"Magic Cave: in this room, minerals, gems and mushrooms magically grow. Each upgrade increases the rarity of items it produces.",
        "Storage Room":"Storage Room: increases the amount of space Amber has to store items. Each upgrade increases the maximum capacity.",
        }
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Upgraded bedroom must be necessary for upgraded romances.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha, if was a less serious game, would be fun. "You need a bedroom level 2 to sleep with Lair" :mrgreen:
Pace675
Druid

Post by Pace675 »

jack1974 wrote:Haha, if was a less serious game, would be fun. "You need a bedroom level 2 to sleep with Lair" :mrgreen:
Level 5 for yuri harem ending! :shock: :P :mrgreen:
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

For the following I'd use a word like "items" instead of "recipes": Metalworking, Woodworking, and Jewelcrafting.

(As always, NOT meant as an attack of any kind, simply a suggestion.)

Gotta know, Jack: approx. when will this be out??? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Still aiming at the beta towards end of month :)

Edit: I'm thinking to code all the "young age" features first, and maybe make a sort of demo of that part. The adult age is more complex since has more activities and the shopbuilder thing. I also am missing some coding from Anima to do some tasks, so in the meanwhile I will "put together" all the plot events of the young age, so at least that part is finished.
I think by the end of next week I should have this sort of demo, and maybe if Anima manages to code the remaining stuff, a "full beta" at end of month :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Regarding VN Mode, I don't think will be possible to add it to this game, since to complete the main plot storyline successfully you need to craft a "special cure" item. What I can do though is have different difficulty, and in the easiest one you can make progresses much faster, so people who don't like/care about the crafting/sim gameplay can skip through it faster :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Anything to make it easier to finish romances quickly once you've done the ones you really, really want... especially with all the variations you'll have in this game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well regarding that there's a simple trick though. ALL the "romance events" (they're not really romance, more like getting to know each character better in the early years) of young age need to be played. Then, the 5th scene of each character is a "tough choice", that affects the 6th scene, but if you save just before that, you can use that save as starting point to unlock ALL endings.
If you manage to stay neutral enough you could even save at the beginning of the adult age.
But maybe I'll just provide a way to skip to a good starting point after you beat the game once. If I can't do a full "VN Mode", at least some way to quick replay the game :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:played. Then, the 5th scene of each character is a "tough choice", that affects the 6th scene, but if you save just before that, you can use that save as starting point to unlock ALL endings.
So each tough choice will involve all the characters at once? Am I getting that right?