Art Thread [Amber's Magic Shop]

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Re: Art Thread [Amber's Magic Shop]

Post by Miakoda »

jack1974 wrote:Yes death knights aren't necessarily "evil" :)
Not to mention a great source of calcium...

Heh, and now I really need to push hard for ectoplasm to be an element. For one thing, it makes a great lube ;)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Haha yeah there are many possibilities :)
Troyen
Elder Druid

Post by Troyen »

Those are cool icons, though the styling (and background effects) reminds me more of a sci-fi game than a fantasy one. Maybe it won't be as noticeable when the icons are shrunken down in-game.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think it's because they're all ore/minerals etc, there should be some more common or fantasy items next (wood types, food ingredients, etc).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

A preview of the in-game GUI. Once again, it RULEZ :o :shock:
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

The color coding is nice ... but you chose the three colors that give colorblind people fits ... Just a suggestion, but make one color dark, leave one as is and make another lighter, like almost white. This allows even the colorblind to differentiate by shade if not color.

That said, if the would be tough to do, then just leave as is since there are text and the dots on the slider bars.
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Image
A preview of the in-game GUI. Once again, it RULEZ :o :shock:
Yeah, it does! :shock:

Reminds me o' N'awlins (as the natives call New Orleans) w/ both the colors and the background; a Voodoo shop-like thing. 8)

Seeing all this, I gotta ask (and I apologize for my impatience... :oops: ) when's this gonna be out for mobile devices??? :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

pahldus wrote: That said, if the would be tough to do, then just leave as is since there are text and the dots on the slider bars.
Yes I thought about that, however in this case it's not like the colors have any special meaning, are just for aesthetical reasons. The bars have a text label over them, so you know what they're for :)
BobTheMob wrote:Seeing all this, I gotta ask (and I apologize for my impatience... :oops: ) when's this gonna be out for mobile devices??? :)
Haha the answer is still the same: a few months after the game is out on desktop, so all the bugs are done and I can do the (slow and annoying) porting/publishing to mobile less times as possible :)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

preview of Amber's map. There will be other ones since there are some scenes that take place in the surroundings :)
BobTheMob
Druid

Post by BobTheMob »

jack1974 wrote:Image
preview of Amber's map. There will be other ones since there are some scenes that take place in the surroundings :)
I noticed a lighthouse at the top and remember there was a lighthouse in Shacklesplit in SOTW...does this mean we might possibly see some crossover-type things, or cameos? :)