Art Thread [Amber's Magic Shop]

A fantasy crafting/dating sim https://www.winterwolves.com/ambersmagicshop.htm
jack1974
Pack leader

Re: Art Thread [Amber's Magic Shop]

Post by jack1974 »

The game takes place on eastern zone of Issanis, while SOTW was entirely in Zoltar (the other continent) so no. But there are references with some characters from Loren 2 like Lydia (since she's a famous alchemist too).
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

More items, this time mushrooms (I just post 2 but I have 10 different ones!):
Image Image
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

jack1974 wrote:More items, this time mushrooms (I just post 2 but I have 10 different ones!):
Image Image
I like them, and I like the variety of items I am seeing thus far.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Thanks, as I said I won't probably use all the items or categories in this game (there are for example many food ingredients which wouldn't make much sense for an alchemist!) but since I was at it, I thought to commission a bunch of stuff also for future use :)
pahldus
Woods ranger

Post by pahldus »

Oh great idea for a short form card game, have you ever seen the anime Shokugeki no Soma. It is commonly called Food Wars in the US, it is an Iron Chef anime with a really great story. Anyway a battle shonen with cooking as a theme just might hit the market really good over the next couple of years.

Just saying ...
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I don't know that anime, but yes even here in Europe those cooking food shows are becoming very popular. I might do a food-related game in future :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

jack1974 wrote:Thanks, as I said I won't probably use all the items or categories in this game (there are for example many food ingredients which wouldn't make much sense for an alchemist!)
You've never played any of the Atelier games, have you? All the alchemists make food items, especially pies, in their magic cauldrons. (I'm playing Atelier Sophie right now.)
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Yes I played Atelier Totori :)
Though I always thought alchemists are more into magic items, talismans, rings, etc. Making food... maybe enchanted food though :)
Franka
Elder Druid

Post by Franka »

Obviously it depends on what kind of setting you're using, how serious or whimsical the tone of the game is. At the very least you could expect an alchemist to make poison though.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Amber is definitely more serious and has its good share of dark moments :mrgreen:
(it's also fun in some parts though, don't worry).
Poisons are a good idea though. I will first need to think how the gameplay works. I was thinking mainly that customers would come and commission stuff to you, beside what you usually make and resell in the shops. But it's still at the early stages of design, so I could change something.