Okay, so whats with these random uniforms?

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
Nenami
Young scout

Okay, so whats with these random uniforms?

Post by Nenami »

Loving this game so far, but I'm really confused as to why only SOME students are wearing uniforms, and only Anne of the "roomates" is wearing one. I felt kind of lame playing as her because of the unrealistically blue college uniform in a place that seems to be in the US. I see only some side characters wearing them, but other side characters also don't. Very confusing. I know I'm being nit picky, but it bothers me on some OCD level. :lol: :lol: :lol: But yeah, it made playing Anne mmm a bit out of place in the main cast. Maybe there is some explaination I haven't seen yet in game, as I've not gone through all of the characters routes yet. Any opinions? Just felt like getting that out there. /I'mLame
ShyGuysAreTheBest
Young scout

Re: Okay, so whats with these random uniforms?

Post by ShyGuysAreTheBest »

I was wondering the EXACT SAME THING. I had thought it was just her taste in clothes until I saw others in them.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

The explanation is rather simple: is how the artist drew her :lol:
MrEnvy8
Official writer

Post by MrEnvy8 »

So the real reason is this: Roxanne had the original suit. Then during a poorly planned experiment in Tasque's lab, Roxanne was infected with a symbiote. There's a whole story there, but what's important is that the symbiote fell onto Anne while she was having a crisis of grades in the university church. And that's how Anne got the suit.

Rick is obviously just a concentrated expression of Anne's rage.

totally canon. *nodnod*
Lonestar51
Elder Druid

Post by Lonestar51 »

I suppose you will tell us the story of Tasque's lab and the symbiote in a DLC? Where we also can romance Carmen and Roxanne? Right? Pleaaaaseee? :mrgreen:

Regarding the uniforms: Just how common are uniforms on a US campus? I have seen references to school uniforms in popular media once or twice, but I got the impression it is more the exception than the norm. Except in Japan, where ridiculous and skimpy school uniforms seem to be common, if manga are to be believed.
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Lonestar51 wrote:Regarding the uniforms: Just how common are uniforms on a US campus? I have seen references to school uniforms in popular media once or twice, but I got the impression it is more the exception than the norm. Except in Japan, where ridiculous and skimpy school uniforms seem to be common, if manga are to be believed.
Public universities? Other than some bizarre exceptions that may exist (and I don't know about), pretty much anything goes.

Private universities? Much more likely to see uniforms here, especially religious ones. That said, many of them still allow a student to dress themselves, although they may have a dress code.

I pretty much figured this was a private university from what was described in game, the uniforms, as well as the much smaller 'houses' where some of the students lived. The dorm I lived in had 2 people per room, and about 100 people on the floor. Our RA was going bald by the end of the year ;)
ShyGuysAreTheBest
Young scout

Post by ShyGuysAreTheBest »

Perhaps uniforms are optional across the school, except for certain living quarters where it was decided they are required...?
Nenami
Young scout

Post by Nenami »

Yeah, I'd say in the US religious private schools are where you will see uniforms, I've not seen it anywhere else in the country so far. Yeah though I guess the whole uniform inconsistency there bothered me :p I mean playing as the only female option going to college, I would have opted to NOT wear an optional uniform, like any other sane person, even if they like to dress formally/business. I won't complain too much though, as most of the games here are not taking place at a college for the most part anyway so I doubt I'll be bothered by uniforms anytime soon. :) :) Just makes me miss Nicole a bit 8) she was cool. Think I'll go replay that when I've finished this game. :) the above story was hilarious though!
sabreene
Young scout

Post by sabreene »

I'd noticed the uniforms also. I don't know of any colleges except military ones that have them, but the U.S. is a big place.

At first I thought it was a fashion statement, but then saw the others. So then I decided they were for something like an academic club with voluntary uniforms!

But I was wrong all along! It was the symbiote! I should've known Tasque was involved somehow. I'm still wondering why he made them fill out dating profiles. All the better to make students dream about him, I suppose.
Jaeger
Druid

Post by Jaeger »

I briefly attended a private Christian college, and there wasn't any uniform to speak of. Same can be said of other college campuses (public and private) I visited. However, colleges do distribute apparel (like T-shirts) that promote their school. However, the United States is a big country with lots of schools across the the country, so it may be differ by region.
Lonestar51 wrote:I suppose you will tell us the story of Tasque's lab and the symbiote in a DLC? Where we also can romance Carmen and Roxanne? Right? Pleaaaaseee? :mrgreen:

Regarding the uniforms: Just how common are uniforms on a US campus? I have seen references to school uniforms in popular media once or twice, but I got the impression it is more the exception than the norm. Except in Japan, where ridiculous and skimpy school uniforms seem to be common, if manga are to be believed.
Manga isn't exactly a representative of Japanese culture. Uniforms are mostly associated with junior and senior high school levels, not college.
Last edited by Jaeger on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.