Full walkthrough for all romance paths

A dating / life sim for all tastes set in college http://www.winterwolves.com/roommates.htm
lanawinst
Young scout

Re: Full walkthrough for all romance paths

Post by lanawinst »

Ok, so after being a bit frustrated of barely managing to get spring break and never getting the happy endings several times despite unsuccessful changes of the planning and being on easy mode, i decided to do a little test, inspired by the one posted up there by Jack:

So this is what I get following this example, in easy mode(IOS version), but by playing most of the scenes:

As you can see, my results are way lower, even if they are better then what I used to get by myself. So it confirms that playing too much events do get you big drops in stats.

Is it supposed to be that hard to get the happy endings, even with the easy mode ? I feel like I need a dummy mode :mrgreen: but I admit I was expecting the easy mode to allow you to get through the story and enjoy most if not all the events without worrying too much about planning and stats, just by focusing on the right ones. Boy, was I wrong ! :wink:
Miakoda
Elder Druid

Post by Miakoda »

Going by what may be PC, it is possible to raise stats and do all the events. However, the iOS/Android may just be running more difficultly.

One problem I notice is that you probably should be sleeping more. I'd recommend at least sleeping in on Mon-Wed-Fri, as well as at least one weekend morning. If your energy is above 75% (it may be 80%), it allows the afternoon activities to get a bonus which, in the long run, can add up. Now, you may have to put some afternoon study in, especially if you are romancing someone which require grades (like Max romancing Anne)

Something else is if the energy gets to low, then your tiredness can lower the amount of points you gain as well.
Last edited by Miakoda on Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

Well the iOS/Android difficulty is set a bit differently, so maybe will tweak that if even in Easy mode is hard to get the endings. Anyway if by Spring Break you're at 190+304 = 494 surely you should manage to get the remaining 106 points by end of the semester??
lanawinst
Young scout

Post by lanawinst »

Miakoda wrote:Going by what may be PC, it is possible to raise stats and do all the events. However, the iOS/Android may just be running more difficultly.

One problem I notice is that you probably should be sleeping more. I'd recommend at least sleeping in on Mon-Wed-Fri, as well as at least one weekend morning. If your energy is above 75% (it may be 80%), it allows the afternoon activities to get a bonus which, in the long run, can add up. Now, you may have to put some afternoon study in, especially if you are romancing someone which require grades (like Max romancing Anne)

Something else is if the energy gets to low, then your tiredness can lower the amount of points you gain as well.
The sleeping is a good advice,thanks :) I used to do that before. What I posted was directly derived from the quick run done by Jack just up there.
jack1974 wrote:Well the iOS/Android difficulty is set a bit differently, so maybe will tweak that if even in Easy mode is hard to get the endings. Anyway if by Spring Break you're at 190+304 = 494 surely you should manage to get the remaining 106 points by end of the semester??
Yep, it would if Dominic required Rational + Reflective. My bad, I took a bad example :oops:

This is why I failed at getting Dominic's ending (Rational/organized):
You can raise rational 7 times/week (Office (3)+ Chess (4)), as pictured here:
Then you also need to raise organized, but, contrary to the reflective stat I used on the previous example, it's on the exact same spot as rational, so you have to sacrifice one for the other:
And since I cared about grades, I used to do small variants of that (and sleeping is not an issue here):
Which was enough for springbreak (barely)
But too low for the end:

My guess would be that the way to win this would be to focus on one to get it to the advance state sooner (office -> physic class for example), then focus on the other? Still seems to require a lot of thinking for an easy mode to me, even if I know that I must be a bad example, because I always play on easy because I just want to read the story, not really to be challenged :wink:
hreyes1990
Young scout

Post by hreyes1990 »

I'm playing this game on my android tablet and I've played Dominic's path 4 times and still cant get the happy ending I follow other peoples tips and walk through I even get enough sleep and I cant reach the stats required. As for rakesh I'm not sure if I got the happy ending I've played it several times and I do manage to reach the stats with him and I follow the walkthrough. Can someone put under a spoiler his good ending? So I can make sure I have at least managed to obtain one good ending?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

OK I think the mobile version perhaps is too hard, will make an update to it in next weeks :)
lanawinst
Young scout

Post by lanawinst »

Cool ! :) It's still fun to play, even without the best endings, but since that's the only thing I haven't unlocked yet, and after yet another failed attempt, I'll definitely wait for it before trying again. I'm not sure I can do it without dropping so many events that it's not worth getting a good ending. When I play, I don't want to read only the dateable guy's story, I want to also learn more about Sally, and Isabella,... so it pains me everytime I have to refuse an event for strategic reasons like "Sorry, can't do the final party, I have to raise my stats, otherwise my bf will dump me in the end!" xD

Are there people reaching the best ending with events of the IOS version, in normal and difficult mode? I'd be quite curious on how they do it?
jack1974
Pack leader

Post by jack1974 »

I think there was a bug in mobile with some characters difficulty, I fixed the Android versions, but for iOS will take more time!
Lady-NeonHearts
Young scout

Post by Lady-NeonHearts »

Lonestar51 wrote:@Lady-NeonHearts: Possibly you did not keep the energy up. No matter how the events fall, you will be able to get some stat up at least. But the amount of stat you get depends on the energy you have, so keep it above 80 all the time and you should be fine.
It appears are energy was the problem. I thought we were doing fine, but apparently it was still diving too low. It took a bit of careful planning, and a few more playthroughs but we finally got it. Thank you all for your help. It usually takes me a few playthroughs to truly get the hang of a game. We appreciate the help.
lanawinst
Young scout

Post by lanawinst »

jack1974 wrote:I think there was a bug in mobile with some characters difficulty, I fixed the Android versions, but for iOS will take more time!
It's ok, I can wait. Thanks for fixing it :)